%Chapter Twenty Six%

I ran into the house, my breathing ragged, and my face covered in sweat. "Alex?", I heard my Dad call out but ignored him and ran up to my room.

I didn't want him to ask what was wrong, I just wanted to stay buried in my bed.

And cry.

"Alex?!", Mom yelled while she knocked on my door. I buried my face in my pillow while my tears soaked them. "Sweetie.... please open the door", she pleaded, still knocking on my door.

"I'm fine!", I yelled out trying to sound 'fine', but failed horribly at it. "Please", she added softly.

Hesitantly, I got up from my bed and opened the door. "Oh honey", she breathed out once her eyes scanned my face.

I must've looked like a mess. She closed the door behind her and  pulled me into her warm hug. I buried my face in the crook of her neck and sobbed.

"I take it it didn't go well?", She whispered and I shook my head.

"It didn't happen at all", I croaked and she softly patted my back. "How about I go get some warm milk, and after that, you have a good sleep?", Milk sounded okay....but I didn't know if I could sleep.

But I nodded anyways and watched as she ran downstairs. Soon after, I heard a knock on my door and looked up to see Dad leaning against the wall.

"It's scary when women cry", he winced and I smiled a little.

"You alright sweety?", He cooed and sat by me. "Dad.....", I started, but paused when my voice wavered. "I love him....", I sobbed whilst he stroked my hair with a small smile.

"I know. I could see it", I cleaned my eyes while the tears kept running down my cheeks. "Here you go sweetie", mom said while she handed the warm milk over to me.

"We'll leave you", she whispered as Dad stood up, took one last glance at me and they both left, closing my door.

I looked down at the cup, but dropped it on the table and lied down on my bed.

Waiting for sleep....

Just to close my eyes.....

And dream........

"Carl no!"

I jolted up from my bed the second mom's voice boomed from the living room.

"I have to see her please", he pleaded.

"She's not in the mood for that now-"

"I need to see her..... please", he cut in and the place stayed quiet. Soon, I could hear footsteps and I immediately stood up and ran to the door. Just as I was about to close it, he held it open and ran in.

He was dressed up, but not the clothes I saw April in.

His breathing was ragged and his hair looked rough. I took a few steps back and looked away.

"Alex....", he breathed and it took everything in me to avoid his gaze. Heaven knows the power they held over me.

"Alex..... please talk to me", he pleaded, but instead I took another step back.

"I'm...I'm tired....can we not do this now....?", I asked shakily, my voice sounding weak.

"That wasn't what it looked liked", he started and walked closer to me. "Look...please let me explain....."

"No Carl.... leave!", I snapped, but he kept drawing closer.

"Please let me-"

"No!!! Look I'm not your friggin girlfriend Carl so why explain!!!!", I yelled, and he suddenly halted in his steps.