%Chapter Twenty Seven%

I felt warm. Like, warmer than I had ever felt on a cold November night. My eyes fluttered open and I was immediately greeted with the sight of Carl's beautiful face staring at me with a smile and I breathed out a laugh.

"Morning", I greeted, my voice raspy from sleep and he stroked my cheek. "Morning Sugar", and I paused.

Wait.....

It's morning....

Meaning....

I gasped and immediately sat up. "Did you sleep here?!!", I screamed and he burst into laughter. "I was waiting for you to react", he said between laughs.

"Carl!", I yelled and he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "I wanted to.... but I didn't", he breathed and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Then how did you get on my bed?", I huffed. "Um.....", he trailed off as he rubbed his neck nervously. "I kind of.....watched you sleep", my mouth fell open. "You what!?", I screeched and he winced at the volume of my voice.

"But it was only an hour ago!", He rushed out and I grabbed the pillow next to me, but just as i was about to throw it, he held my wrist.

"Don't sugar", I bit my lower lip and narrowed my eyes at him. "Perv", I muttered and he chuckled. "I'm not a pervert, considering the fact that I'm now your boyfriend", he smirked and my heart skipped a beat.

Oh my gosh.

It really happened.

We did confess our feelings to each other last night.

My insides felt warm and my feigned annoyance was replaced with a giddy and excited feeling.

"Words can't explain how happy I am, just being this close to you", he smiled, staring at me and his words caused the butterflies in me to stir.

"We better get ready for school...", I blurted and bit my lips nervously, then I heard him laugh a little.

He left the room to get ready and I too did the same, of course, I thought about last night throughout.

I quickly dressed up and applied little powder and a lip gloss, then with a deep breath in and out, I walked out of my room and met Carl standing there with a smile.

"We do have something to tell your parents", he shrugged.

He's right.....

They don't know yet.

I nodded, and followed him downstairs till we entered the dining room.

Dad was sitting down with a plate of scrambled eggs and chicken, and Mom was by the toaster with a plate filled with toasted bread.

They both turned their attention to Carl and I, and I gave a small smile. As expected, they looked confused, and curious.

"You both......look......", mom trailed off, and Dad added "okay...", as he too trailed off.

"I'd like to apologise first....", Carl started and I looked up at him.

Oh so he does the talking. Nice idea. I don't think I can talk. I barely believe it myself.

"For making Alex cry. And making the both of you worry. I would also like to apologise to being disrespectful last night, I just wanted to patch things up with her.....that I couldn't think at that moment", Mom and Dad gave a light nod and I felt a tingly sensation on my hand as he grabbed it and intertwined our fingers.

"I love Alex......", he trailed off as he watched mom and Dad's expression. They both just looked at themselves and looked back at us.

"And I'm more than happy to know now that she feels the same.", He added before taking in a deep breath and letting it out.

"What I'm saying is...... I need your permission to date your daughter....and though it might be weird, seeing as we live together.....but....these are my honest...and true feelings towards her"

I couldn't stop the smile that played my lips. I looked back at mom and Dad, who both seemed taken aback. "Please.....", I added.

It stayed quiet for a few seconds and Dad smiled. "You have my permission", he said and I breathed a sigh of relief, but turned to mom.

"On one condition", she sighed and my heart beat increased with nervousness.

"Don't ever make her cry again", she warned and I smiled, relief suddenly washing over me. I looked up at Carl and he squeezed my hand softly. "Never", he said and Mom smiled, then slowly walked closer to us.

And she squealed. Carl and I both winced at the sudden outburst and she pulled both of us into a tight hug. Amazing how she had so much strength.

She pulled out and kissed our cheeks. "I knew it!! I knew you two would make a perfect couple!!!", She squealed again.

"I'm just disappointed it took you two four months to figure that out", she deadpanned.

Dad still remained sitted, grinning over at Carl and I while we sat down to a warm and delicious breakfast.

Well that worked out well.

**********

"OMG!!!!!", Kate squealed. For the third time today, my ears pleaded for peace and quiet. After classes, I told Kate about what had happened. How Carl and I confessed, how he asked me to be his girlfriend, and the truth. Why he was locked in a class with April.

"You sneaky snake!!!!, After running off all sad, you two come back as a couple", she smirked.

"I'm so happy for you!", She smiled. "Thanks.", I replied sheepishly.

"Let's go on a double date next time", she suggested and I shrugged. "Sounds good", she squealed again, and this time I made sure to cover my ears.

"Kate", I sighed after some time and she hummed in reply.

"I want you to come with me", she rose a brow and dropped her spoon. "Where?", She asked curiously.

"To see April", he eyes widened a fraction. "She lives with Zeke!", She shrieked and I took in a shaky breath. "I know. But you'll be there with me", her frown was replaced with a smirk and she shrugged.

"Sure", she agreed. "But I'm not sure your boyfriend  will like that ", she said, and I suddenly felt my body warm up.

I loved it. When she called him my boyfriend. It felt really good.

But still......

"We won't tell him", her mouth dropped open. "You guys just started this thing, want to have a couple fight already?"

I smiled and shook my head. "No...but there's something we must ask of her...", I trailed off.

"And she must answer", I added.

|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|°|•|

How was the chapter?

I love Carl and Alex.....who can help Ship 'em?

Anyways the next chapter holds a lot of answers to the questions you all might have been curious about.

"What the hell is April hiding?"

Um....don't be too disappointed if  its not what y'all expected.

Thanks for reading y'all!!

-snakeybb.