*Chapter Twenty Three*

"When did you get back?", I asked Dad as he continuously chowed on Mom's famous morning meat pie.

"Late last night.", He replied.

"Well how was Paris?", Carl asked, seeming really interested and Dad cleaned his bearded mouth and gulped down the orange juice by his plate.

"It was awesome. I'm seriously planning on taking your mom there soon"

"Awwwww", I cooed and watched as she pecked his lips.

"Well we'll leave the house to you two love birds. We have to be in school in twenty minutes", I informed while I stood alongside Carl.

"Have a nice day at school"

"We will mom", I assured and walked on after Carl.

************

"Alex!!!!!!!", I turned and watched Kate as she ran towards Carl and I. She bent down and slowly caught her breath before she looked up at me.

"It's....it's April."

I rose a brow. "What happened to April?"

"She's being bullied by the magnets"

My eyes widened a fraction.

Magnets. Weird and lame name. But this a name given to four annoying and pretty bitches who feel that they were born to bully pretty girls. They gave themselves that name, because they always, somehow attracted boys. They never tried to touch me though.

Sometimes I thank heavens that I'm not Barbie doll perfect.

"Where?!", I demanded and Kate started running, leading the way.

We got close to the females toilet and I noticed a crowd.

pushing and squeezing myself through, I managed to get to the fight. What I saw, surprised me.

April was on the floor, her hair a little tangled and rough. She was shaking, Like....she looked really scared.

For some reason that hurt me.

I immediately ran in front of her, shielding her from the Magnets.

"Who are you?", One of them asked and was shunned by the leader, Camila.

"She's that girl who almost got raped by my ex boyfriend Zeke", she announced proudly, and I almost gagged at the memory.

"I see you befriended this weakling", she added with a smirk and I glared at her.

"April never did anything to get this from you guys. So why?", I argued and Camila laughed her 'all so perfect ' laugh as her gang followed soon after.

"She's just someone who desperately needs friends. She's weak, and for some reason her presence disgusts me", Camila spat.

"Yet you feel intimidated by her.", I smirked and she narrowed her eyes at me. "I wonder what that makes you", I added and just as she was about to charge at me, the place went silent as someone stood before me.

His back was the only thing I could see, but I knew who it was. "Leave", Carl snarled and Camila glared before she and her 'friends' ran away like cockroaches.

And soon after, the crowd dispersed.

Carl turned to me and I gave him a small smile before I quickly turned and squatted. "April.", I called out softly and held her face, but she looked away, her hair still covering her face.

"I should go home", she croaked out. I gasped softly at how weak she sounded.

She slowly stood up and I held her arm. "I'll drive you", I insisted but she shrugged my arms away.