•Chapter Eight•

"You look normal", Carl looked down at his shirt and then back at me and raised a brow. "Thanks?", I smiled.

"I thought you'd dress all good to attract girls", I shrugged and he chuckled. "Now why would I wanna do that?, They're attracted to me no matter what I wear", he smirked, earning an eye roll from me.

"Stop eating at each other and eat your food. You have to be super early for your first day at school", Mom said while placing the food before us. Carl filled our glasses with water and rose the cup to his lips.

"Do you like anyone Carl?", He choked on the water and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry what?"

I smirked. "Oh, just curious. It's just normal for guys like you to use girls.", I watched his jaw clench at my statement, but ignored it and continued. "Yet, you barely talk about girls."

"I find it unnecessary to waste my time on just any girl", he said.

"Okay", I shrugged. "Sorry if I pushed too far. I was just curious."

He stood up from his chair and dropped his plate on the kitchen counter. "Carl?, Are you done?", Mom asked as she watched him pass her. "Yeah. I'm heading to school now", he said, and without sparing me a glance, he left.

I sat there shocked. Is he mad at me?

Why?, What did I say?

"Um...mom I'll be heading out too", I informed mom before quickly standing up and exiting the house. I noticed Ace still packed by the house and ran to it.

I sighed in relief once I spotted Carl in the car. I knocked on the window and he looked at me, them motioned with a nod that I should get in.

I bit my lip and did what as be said. Once I got in, I stole a glance at him, he was quiet.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.", I apologized and watched his facial expression to spot any sign of anger.

"I'm a bit hurt sugar.", I stared at him surprised. "Hurt that you think of me that way". I gulped.

"I-i don't. I was just....", I trailed off. He's right.......I do think of him that way. But I have no reason to. He never talks about girls with me. His room isn't filled with pictures of  naked girls. And he's funny, at times annoying too.

"I'm sorry", I sighed and felt tingles run through me as he lightly touched my chin and turned my face to his direction.

"You're forgiven.", He breathed out and I couldn't feel my chest again. This always happens when I'm around him.

"I think", he added and I narrowed my eyes at him while he burst into laughter. "Ha ha ha", I joked.

"Sorry...you look so cute when you're lost and confused", he confessed between laughs. I felt my heart skip a beat and I looked down at my lap.

"We'll be Late for school", was all the excuse I could bring up. I could still feel my heart pounding against my chest.

Stop beating so damn fast dammit!

This only meant one thing. Something I found quite heart wrenching. Something that'd only mean heart break for me.

I might have developed feelings for Carl.

That scared me.

***********

"Yes!!! I knew it!!!!", Kate squealed in excitement as she jumped up and down on her chair, whilst I sat there, shooting daggers at her.