Love Vs Infatuation

It's funny how sure you were that you 'loved' me, babe.

All you felt was a deep infatuation.

I mean, love is a deep affection for one that lasts the test of time.
And well, infatuation is a short lived passion and want for someone.

I see why you thought you loved me though. Presumably infatuation is a powerful feeling that can make you think you're in love.

You didn't take the time day to develop an intimate connect with me. But the attachment you felt you had with me, wasn't real.

You put me on a pedestal so high above yourself that made you feel lucky that I could see you. You made me out to be something I'm not.

All you saw in my being was perfection. You were blind, you never saw my weaknesses, imperfections, or any negative attributes.

I have faults, and I make mistakes and can get annoying but you didn't see that, did you, mi Amor?

You were feeling like you won the lottery.

You thought you knew everything about me, when in reality, you didn't. You had no fucking idea what I wanted out of life, or what kind of person I am, nor did you know what things make me tick.

You never sat down and talked to me about all of those things.

You don't know me, cabrón.

"Nunca me amaste?" (You never loved me?) is what i asked you after we left things.

"No, pero me encantó el aunque de ser amado" (no, but I loved the thought of being loved), was your reply before you walked off.