Talking To The Moon

I asked you to stay back
And to stay long.
But you moved on.

You've been gone for six months now. A little more than six months actually; 191 days as of tonight to be exact. 191 days ago, you left because you stopped loving me. 191 days ago, was when we last communicated.

I've stayed up talking to the moon, asking her if you tell things too her too. Asking her if you think about me like I think about you.

I talk to the moon, continuously trying to get to you in hopes that you're trying to get to me too.

Maybe I'm just a fool who sits alone thinking about you, and talking to the moon.

But lately I wonder how it feels to steal your kiss.

I had told the moon tonight that I'm scared that all my thoughts, they look like you.

The silence is too loud.
Why can't I just say it.
Not now.

I wonder how it feels to taste your lips.

I gave it all to you.

Another love song played on the radio today, you know?

And I'm waiting for the moon to lean in close and say

That you told the moon, tonight up on the roof. He told me that you're scared that all his thoughts, they look like you.

I told the moon about the way you move.
I asked her to please tell me if you tell things to her too.

I'm always talking to the moon.
Always trying to get to you.
Always wishing that you'd come back to me.
Wishing I could fall out of love just like you did.

But I can't.

Not getting you back is inevitable.