336 Days Before

Q of the Day: What's one word to describe Treacherous? :)

-

:: 18 :: MON, March 17, 2014

I CALLED it.

Right before first period started, Calum walked between Dylan and I, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her away from me. I was left alone in the middle of the hallway as my two best friends merrily skipped away to who knows where.

For the rest of the day, I hanged out with Calum and Dylan, nothing new. However this time, they started talking and didn't ignore each other anymore. He immediately told her about the bet and she was all for it. Guess I'm going to the dance alone.

By the end of eighth period, I found Calum waiting outside of Mr. Brown's classroom. He started by asking how I did on the exam I took last Friday and I told him that he didn't grade them yet.

As soon as Dylan got out, he walked past me to talk to her. I watched as they laughed and stole glances at me before they decided to come up to me once more.

"What is it now?" I asked, crossing my arms. Calum put his hands around my palm, dropping his car keys.

"The bet isn't done yet." I shook my head.

Dylan burst into fits of giggles and looked at Calum then me, "We all know this day isn't ending until we talk to Luke to convince him to take you to the dance."

"We don't even need to convince him." Calum cut in. "He'll go for it and won't take 'no' for an answer."

I rolled my eyes at them and walked away with Calum's keys dangling in one hand.

"Irwin! Wait, why did I give you my keys? Where do you think you're going?" I heard Calum's voice echo through the rowdy hall.

I raised the hand with the keys up and shouted, "No take back's!" When I twisted my head, I saw Dylan on the phone while Calum was running-sprinting towards my way. I can't believe I'm doing this but I pushed the heels of my feet and ran away from him, passing students along the way and brushing shoulders with a couple. I ignored rude remarks from them and headed towards the main entrance.

As soon as I got out, I realized I left my jacket in my locker and only had my bag over my shoulders with the sweater and jeans I pulled off this morning. I hugged myself, debating whether I should go back and get my jacket or just make a run for it and drive Calum's car to work.

When I heard Calum's voice hollering through the doors, I took a deep breath and ran to the parking lot where Calum's car was parked the closest distance.

Nearing the blue sports car, a familiar black Camry was parked right beside it. I walked over to the vehicles and found Ashton holding Luke by the shoulders as they stood in between the cars.

"What are you losers doing here?" I asked them, stopping right in front of them. Ashton looked like he was gripping on Luke's shoulders hard and Luke looked terrify as he always did around Ashton. I watched Ashton gesture to Luke as he let him go, giving him a good pat on the back.

Luke stiffly walked closer with one hard on the back of his neck and another swaying loose at his side. "Hi, Jay."

"Luke, what are you doing here?" I asked once more. He turned to Ashton again who was now sitting on the hood of Luke's car with both arms crossed. He nodded his head excitedly, putting two thumbs up.

"I'm not doing it, Ash." He loudly whispered, shaking his head.

Ashton rolled his hands into fists and raised them eye level. "Do it!"