298 Days Before

Check out my new Treacherous-inspired story Beneath the Skyline! Vote, comment, and share :) (2017)

LOL ppl decided to name the dashes in the story wat am I gonna do with you guys

:: 22 :: THU, April 24, 2014

"HELLO?"

"Jay, it's Luke."

"Are you okay? Is everything alright?" I asked him on the phone. I just got home from school. Dropping my bag on a kitchen chair, I opened the fridge.

I heard Luke giggle to himself on the line before speaking again, "There's nothing wrong. I was just wondering if you could meet me somewhere."

"It's a school day, Luke. I have homework to do." I sighed, pulling a carton of milk out of the fridge.

I put the carton on the counter then reached for a box of cereal while keeping my phone between my ear and shoulder.

Grabbing a bowl and spoon, I started pouring cereal to it. "Wha-what are you doing? What's that noise?" He stammered.

I laughed, "Relax, I'm just making cereal."

"At three in the afternoon?"

"Yeah, why not?" I then poured some milk before holding the phone again and put it on speaker.

"Jay, meet me at the park near you." He instructed but before I could ask why, he hanged up.

I finished my cereal first before taking my keys and leaving without even changing my clothes.

I jogged to the park which was just a couple of blocks away. It was starting to feel a lot like spring with the weather changing and slowly getting warmer.

When I reached the park, I called Luke to ask where he was. Around this time was when the park was most crowded. The screaming voices of children and a couple of families out to just have a good time.

"Where are you?" I asked, looking around with my one hand over my eyes to see better against the light.

"By the lake, come find me." I could see his cheeky smile in my head. I can't believe I'm even going along with this.

The park's lake had to be the least romantic of all romantic lakes. It's pretty small and the water isn't even blue-in fact it's green. No one dared to row boats there because God knows what's underneath.

I got to the lake and the nearby trees were decorated with white Christmas lights and really cheesy music was playing in the background. Right in the middle I found Luke wearing a suit and tie with his hair down. He smiled when he saw me, revealing a single rose as I got closer.

"From a scale of one to Luke Hemmings, how pathetic are you?" I blurted, taking the rose from him.

He scratched the back of his head with his bandaged right hand. "I felt terrible for making you miss your last Spring Formal. So I made my own lame version of it for you."

"You could have told me to dress fancy at least." I joked as he put my hands around his neck and snaked his around my waist. It felt like we were back in my room again. Our bodies merely hitting as we swayed to the made up rhythm in our heads.

His sad get-up and failed attempt of being romantic, his 3pm Christmas lights and poor choice of venue are all the reasons why I've slowly fallen for him each day.

"You can't keep yourself from falling for someone. Something will eventually tip you over." I remembered Ashton saying this when he first officially met Luke. That felt like ages ago when in reality it's barely been two months.