297 Days Before<<

Check out my new Treacherous-inspired story Beneath the Skyline! Vote, comment, and share :) (2017)

please don't point out typos, this was so hard to write :(

And I'm gonna need everyone to comment and react to this chapter srsly im nervous about this one :(Tweet "The Treacherous update was/had me like/etc..." please I would love to see your reactions :)

:: 25 :: FRI, April 25, 2014

(flashbacks within flashbacks)

Luke's POV

"MICHAEL, what happened?" I felt a scorching pain in my head. Everything seemed to be spinning and twisting around. I reached to tap his shoulder but he flinched by the contact.

His green eyes turned darker when he turned to face me. Sweat was forming just on his forehead as tears were falling from his eyes. He looked oddly disturbed and traumatized even. "Nothing happened! You didn't see anything and you won't tell anyone about it."

"How can I tell anyone about something I didn't see?" I couldn't help but laugh so I did until I felt my stomach churn. I fell on Michael's lap, pushing the driver's door open to throw up.

"Luke, what are you doing? You're so drunk, we need to get you home." He said rather loudly, shoving me off him as he pulled the door shut.

"Why are you in a hurry? The sun is still up! It's too early for bed time, mommy." Wiping vomit off my mouth with my sleeve, I sunk back in my seat as I tugged onto my seatbelt as I miserably tried to buckle it back.

"You're hopeless." I heard Michael groan. He buckled my belt back for me before quickly rolling down the window to look at something through the side mirror. He forcefully shut his eyes, rolled the window up and started the truck again.

I tried to shake this thought from my head. I'm not certain if that was a dream or an actual event. For all I knew, that scene played in my head right before I woke up in a hospital bed with the last memory of hitting a tree, trying to dodge a reckless motorcycle. Lately, ever since the accident, related scenes have been disturbing my trail of thoughts.

"Michael, I saw Sabrina sleep with some other dude." I shook him violently. He tried shrugging me off, telling me he was arduous to drive. "She cheated on me." Then I started crying uncontrollably.

I can vaguely remember what had happened last night. All I could recall was attending the "Back to School" party arm in arm with Sabrina. My car's battery died so I had to take it to the shop, that's why we rode with Michael in the delivery truck he drove since he worked for some company, delivering shipments during the summer.

"Luke, buddy." Michael said in a calming voice. "Everything will be okay. Sabrina's a bitch. You should've broken up with her ages ago." Then my head started hurting even more, I chugged on the water bottle Michael had given me, thinking it was alcohol. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted something in my system.

"I couldn't." I weeped. "I loved her too much."

I heard him scoff, "Luke, you don't even know what love is."

"Yes, I do!" I argued back, rolling down my window to throw the crushed water bottle out. "It's when you think about somebody at 2 am when you can't fall asleep. It's when you could forgive someone no matter how many... times... she... had... cheated... on... you."

"Michael, we shouldn't have left. I should have barged in the room and slap the living daylight out of her and beat up that bastard she slept with." I complained, throwing my hands all over the place. I kept my eyes on the road, laughing at how things grew bigger as we drove closer to them.