Chapter Nineteen

I stare at my legs, calmly listening to the soft hum of the engine as I wait for Giovanni to greet his sponsors and close out his grand show. Feeling incredibly guilty for pulling him away, I told him to stay however long he needed to.

I wanted the alone time anyway.

I'm surprised when the door opens and Giovanni climbs in, having only been inside twenty minutes. His driver closes the door behind him. Even after the night he's had with the chaos of both his show and me, he looks immaculate... completely put-together.

He looks at me and smiles kindly.

"You've only been gone twenty minutes. There is a party, you know... for you."

"Yeah, well, if I'm being honest, the only reason I ever even attend those parties is usually to find a woman to sleep with for the night. That's it." He laughs when I do. "I hate them. I told you if I could show my clothes in a meeting, I would."

"And you've squared everything away? Sasha wanted you to speak to Cristina about—"

"Scar, it's over. The event was a success for both of us."

I feel myself grin slowly, and it hurts the wider it gets. "So everyone liked it? I mean, they'd be stupid not to—"

He nods coolly, but I see the pride. "Very favorable reviews. I will be showing them in Milan at Fashion Week next year."

I smile, shaking my head in amazement as the car begins to move. "That is so exciting."

"Milan is beautiful."

Italy. What's not to love? "I bet."

"Maybe you could tag along on the trip."

I look at him dubiously. "To Milan?"

"Yeah, why not? You're my publicist. No one would question it."

That is true. Norman would definitely let me go; that wouldn't be a problem... Milan, Italy. I couldn't even imagine.

"When is Fashion Week?"

"The end of February."

"I'll think about it," I tell him, wanting to remain aloof. I'm already headed to his home for the night. I would rather not begin scheduling vacations together too. I lean my head back into the leather Giovanni and I christened earlier today, trying to keep my mind from New York.

"Are you hungry? Tired?"

I shake my head. "Strangely restless."

"Well, the night's still young. We don't have to go back right away."

I smile, lifting my heavy head, gesturing to my swollen face. "I'd scare people."

"Not necessarily." He reaches over one arm, pulling the clip from my twisted bun and my hair suddenly drapes down over my shoulders. I freeze as his hand moves into my hair, fisting the thick mess of waves as he moves in towards me. The second his lips are against mine, I feel a nervous tick within, immediately consumed by shooting nerves and I reach up instinctively, clasping onto his suit.

His mouth moves so perfectly with mine, equally rough and soft. I'm unable to hold back the moan that accompanies the violent shivers running down my back as his tongue rolls along mine, his teeth catching onto my full lip, pulling with just enough force to garner a reaction. And just like that, my mouth is bereft as he pulls back, letting me go.

Mussed up and completely full of fire, I stare at him as he curses, digging into his pocket, removing his buzzing phone. Damn, cell phones.

He sighs, answering. "Sasha."