Chapter 1

________

D R E A M

(n.) a series of thoughts, visions, or feelings that happen during sleep

________

Camila Cabello

° ° °

March 03, 2018

I am currently riding the elevator to the 21th floor. I am alone and it was around 12 midnight, so my mind is already playing tricks on me. I must admit, I am a scaredy-pants. I get easily scared, I don't watch any horror movies because my mind can get too wild with imagination sometimes. So to ease my paranoia I pulled out my phone from my back pocket to check on whatever since I am 9 more floors away from my unit.

1 text message - Shawn

Shawn: (Hey Mila! Where you able to get home safe? Text me, so I know if I need to call the cops or something.)

Me: (Yeah, I'm in my building now, 5 floors away from my unit. Thanks, now go to sleep.)

After sending the message I glanced up to where the numbers are flashing and I'm on the 20th floor so I just waited for one more floor. I was already out of the elevator when I received another text from one of my best friends Shawn, before opening her message I first open the door of my unit, got in and locked it behind me.

Shawn: (Good, I'll see you tomorrow for your studio's blessing and after party. Btw, Dinah, Mani and Ally messaged me and they're all up for tomorrow to support you. Goodnight.)

Me: (See you guys then! Goodnight.)

I put my phone down and was thinking for a nice warm bath, but I can't get myself to move. Today was really tiring, mainly because it's my dance studio's opening tomorrow so I needed to set everything perfectly. All the things that are needed for the blessing and after party, the catering and all the other necessities involved.

Thank God, Shawn was there to help me. He's my long time guy best friend and it's always nice of him to be there when I need help since our high school days.

We're actually a group of five. Shawn, Dinah, Normani, Ally and Me. Our group was formed because of a History project and we all kicked off just that and now here we are, not only friend but business partners.

Dinah and Mani have this event's organizing company, which is slowly but surely getting known in the industry.

Shawn, Ally and Me have a restaurant, which opened last year. Since we all love good and healthy food, we decided to give it a try and good thing it was a success and we're ready to open another branch next year. And tomorrow I'll have another baby, which my dance studio. I've always loved dancing. And my passion for it paved way for me to open my own dance studio. For me to be able to share my knowledge to kids and adults who would enroll.

Because of my laziness and exhaustion, I decided to take a power nap on my sofa.

I see myself on my dance studio and there was a dim light from above that made a faint halo of light in the middle of the dance floor, like the one you see in the opening of the comedy series Mr. Bean.

I walked slowly towards the light unconsciously willing to be drown to it.

I was at the center of it and when I looked to where the light was coming from, it suddenly became a hard blinding spectrum of white light and when I opened my eyes again, I was in a corn field. The one you see on horror movies, where people get clawed on by the Jeepers Creepers.