Chapter 14

________

O C T O B E R

(n.) the 10th month of the year

________

Lauren Jauregui / Lara

° ° °

If there's another weird thing about me aside from I am a living proof of reincarnation? It is my minds ability to transcend exactly what I wanted someone to know by just touching them on their cheek like what I did with Dinah. And along with that ability was to over think, worry and to slightly be paranoid; and I hate it as much as I enjoy it.

It is the same reason that has drown me to car racing. The speed, the noise, the adrenaline. Those things kept me from my paranoia. I decided to get back to racing after I left her. My mind of course was telling me how dumb and weak and cowardly my decision was.

So I spent more time here at our race tracks. It's open to the public and some of the racing events national and international were held here since it's the biggest in the country.

Don't hate me. I still see Camila. Yes, you read that right, I check on her like a stalker. My September was spent making sure she got out of her apartment with her friends. It's very nice of Dinah to keep her promise to help Camila. And when I'm sure that she's fine and not thinking about me anymore, it's my turn to try and set her aside.

I spend the first week of October without any gadget. So I won't be tempted to check on every one of her social media accounts. Yes it's a petty act, but it's something huge for me. After making sure that my gadgets are gone, I focused on our company. I visited every branch that are near, I held meetings, as much as possible I surround myself with people who has no connection with Camila.

After a week of being a dutiful chief operating officer, I wheeled out my race car from the garage, it's a 2012 Ferrari Italia. It's a graduation gift from our company. It's been there for quite sometime now so it's all dusty, so I decided to clean it myself. After I took it to our race tracks for check up, the guys there know me too well to try to hit on me, so I rolled I in freely. They changed the wheels, checked the water and oil, the brakes and all. Then I drove. Only god knows how long and how fast. And it's really effective actually, it kept my mind shut for the rest of the week. So after office, I went straight to the tracks. It had been my daily routine for the whole week.

On the third week, I resumed to my Muay Thai trainings. What other way do you release stress, angst and frustrations right? I was thinking of buying a gun for target shooting, but I stopped myself remembering my first life time. How could I buy the one thing that started this crappy life, right?

It's the fourth week and I've been doing good. I work, I race, I punch-kick and choke. I also decided to finally get my gadgets back feeling more positive that I won't check on her.

And then one day, it was pay-day actually so after work I am thinking of taking some rounds on tracks and maybe going to some bar with loud music and huge crowd. I went home to get my race suit and car when Uncle Steffan called me to the library.

"Yes Uncle?" I asked timidly, keeping my head bowed down.

"Aah, nice to finally see you Lauren. You've been out so much these past few days- weeks actually. You didn't have the chance to check on me anymore?" He sound offended, which makes me feel guilty because he was definitely right. Damn.

"Uncle it's Lara. And I'm sorry for being so busy... well duty calls."

"You know, you don't have to work so hard LAUREN. You've done so much. I heard you're racing again?" He said accusingly