Chapter 11

________

P A N D O R A ' S  B O X

(n.) a source of many troubles : something that will lead to many problems

________

Dinah Jane Hansen

° ° °

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You never know, dear, how much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away.

The other night, dear, as I lay asleep.

I dreamt I held you in my arms.

When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken.

So I hung my head, and I cried.

---

There was once a song by Copeland called 'You are my Sunshine' and last night's confrontation scene with Mila, Lara and the other woman reminded me of that song.

Among out tight circle of friends, Mila is our little sunshine. Her mood affects the littlest of our plans mainly because she's our baby. Not because she's the youngest, but she's like glue that keeps us intact.

Not that we'll fall apart without her constant checking and calling, but she's the constant reminder that we have our circle of friends. Friends that are for keeps.

This is why I treat her more like a younger sister so hearing and seeing her lose herself in the most painful way suffocates me.

After the incident I brought her to some PUB and let her drink and cuss about everything that's happened between them. I didn't have to force her to tell me because it's overflowing, like a full cup of tea, it spills.

And slowly while watching her, I understood where all her love was coming from. It enlightened me that this kind of force really is enevitable and unstoppable. I start believing that no matter how much she's hurting right now, she can't get totally mad at Lara, which of course has got me frustrated.

Camila has never been a believer of destiny or soul mates, she told me once that they're just some made up beliefs of immature people to save themselves from the hussle of building bridges to the people they like or love; that there is no such thing as going with the flow. But that changed. And just after a few weeks with Lara, she's now reasoning out with me about how she thought that Lara is the one, or how this person is her soul mate.

When she was all drained, tired and wasted I took her home. I stayed for a little while making sure she won't wake up until morning.

Five days after I took her home Mila called me early in the morning all panicky and wanting me to drop by her place as fast as I can. Alarmed, I jumped out of bed and got ready in the shortest time possible.

I was panting and gasping for air as I reached her doorstep. I rang her doorbell frantically and after a minute.. there she was, bed hair, pajamas and coffee cup at hand.

"Mila what's wrong? What happened?" I asked still breathless.

"This."

She said pointing at the mess of what seems like the ones you see on an FBI agent's table; news paper cut out, photographs black and white colored, take out boxes, Starbucks cups and Lauren's letters. I was confused as I make my way to her living room slash FBI agent's work place.