Chapter 5

________

L O O K I N G

(n.) the act of trying to find something or someone

________

Camila Cabello

° ° °

It's nine in the morning and I am on my second cup of coffee, I finished my first cup only an hour ago but then the kick of caffeine isn't enough to keep me from bwing drowsy. So here I am, half on my second cup with added espresso shot.

I am really sleepy for the past few days and yes it's a bad thing mainly because there is one thing a sleep would bring me, a dream and I know pretty well that it's going to be a nightmare about that woman and how we die again. So no, I am not giving in to sleep.

One month. It's been a month since Dinah gave my letters -- I mean the letters to her friend for carbon dating and since then Austin hasn't contacted us back. I was begining to doubt his credibility, because no matters how odd, weird and creepy those letters are sent to me, they're supposed to be mine.

I was in my office listening to Sam Smith song, drumming my fingers on my table according to the beat when my phone buzz.

1 text message - Dinah Jane 👑

Dinah Jane 👑: Hey Chanco! You busy? Let's have lunch.

Me: Sure. I'll meet you at our resto around 11?

Dinah Jane 👑: Yeah sure. See you!

Me: Okay Cheech.

I glanced on my watch it was only quarter to ten so I still have time since the restaurant isn't that far from my studio. I decided to check on the main studio where a group of youngsters are having their lessons on hip hop with my choreographer friends Harry and Taylor. Harry instantly saw me and nodded while he's teaching the group of boys, Taylor mouthed a hi while she's on the other side with the girls. I smile at them and nodded too.

I like seeing kids dancing at a very young age because they are not only eager to learn the knack of everything they are also inteligent. I was leaning on the door watching them start their mini showdown like some step up kind of test when Sandra approached me

"Camila? Someone's inquiring for the interpretative and classical dance session".

"Are they here?".

"Yeah".

"Alright, I'll talk to them. Thank you".

I then followed her to the reception area and I saw the customer who's currently busy looking at one of my paintings. Yes I paint, when I feel inspired and I actually have four pieces on display here at my studio. She was about an inch or two taller than me, looking hot although her slender and toned muscle bod was rightly covered with a loose plain white shirt,
Black leather jacket, ripped skinny jeans and maroon Dr. Martens.

I was a few feet away and was about to introduce myself when she spoke,

"That's a nice painting you got there..." and then she turned to face me with a smile which suddenly dissapeard when she laid eyes on me. I may have startled her but for the love of god she dazzled me.

I know I am ogling over her expressive captivating green eyes, the in line of her lips, her soft chiseled jaw line, and her waivy raven hair. But I can't push myself to move it's like I've been nailed on where I was standing.