Chapter 20

________

V A C A T I O N

(n.) a period of time that a person spends away from home, school, or business usually in order to relax or travel

________

Lauren Jauregui / Lara

° ° °

"Love, here's your coffee and donuts." I said sitting down in front of Camila.

She's zoning out, staring somewhere in space, I followed her line of sight but I didn't see anything or anyone in particular. The book she's holding was loosely clutched by her right hand and would actually fall any minute now.

"Camz? Baby. What's wrong?" I said waving my hand in front of her, she blinked a couple of times before finally looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing I just thought, I saw someone I know. Never mind that. Let's eat love, we'll be boarding anytime soon." She said.

I just smiled, she's been having this occasional zoning outs even before so I just let it roll.

After a few more minutes, out flight has been called and was now ready for boarding, she smiled excitedly as she clutched on my hand and I kissed her head as we walk to the boarding area.

We'll be staying at one of London's well known hotels the Dorchester, It was actually taken cared of by Uncle Steffan...

----------    FLASHBACK     ----------

"Lauren, how was Camila? The assaulter, is he behind bars right now? Because if not--"

"She's doing good now uncle, thanks. She's actually aptly recovering. And yeah he's already in the custody of the authority."

"Good. You look wary kiddo, do share."

"It's just that, so many things have happened to us in just a short span of time... it felt like every time I try to take a step ahead to make her happy, I fell two steps behind immediately."

"You know what I think? A break. A holiday. You both need that."

"But we're too busy with our businesses uncle."

"Lauren, your business would just be fine, it'll stay where they are. What's more important is your time with Camila. I'll set everything up, you don't have to worry about it."

"Really uncle? Thank you so much! Really, thanks for everything!" I said hugging him.

"Anything for you." He smiled.

"Just another thing Uncle Steffan..."

"What is it?" He asked concerned again.

"I'm planning to propose to her."

"Really?!" I laughed at his amusement.

"Yes. I just don't know how or where or when..."

"Come with me to my study room k, we'll plan it." He said winking.