Eight

Normani was sitting on her bed talking with Ally. "Als do you think it's moving to fast if I ask Lauren on a date?" She asked curiously. Ally shakes her head "I don't think so but I wouldn't do anything too fancy you wouldn't want her to feel pressured." She says. Normani nods "then what should I do because all my ideas are too fancy." She says.

Ally though for a second. "Well you could take her to that cute diner across the street or you could have a picnic at the park." She suggests. Normani thought for a second before finally agreeing to Ally's ideas. "I think I know what I'm doing." She says. Well she hopes she does.

Lauren was sitting on her bed reading when she felt a dip in the bed. "Can I help you Dinah Jane?" She asked with a eyebrow raised. "Yeah which one of these should I give Ally?" Dinah asked as she showed Lauren two matching bracelets, one sliver the other gold.

Lauren sat up on her bed and studied the bracelets. "I think she would like the sliver. It sparks and she likes sparkly things." She says. Dinah smiles "that's exactly what I thought too." She exclaimed. Lauren chuckles "then why'd you ask for my opinion?" Dinah shrugs "I just wanted to make sure that I was right and I was." She said nonchalantly.

Lauren chuckles "what's the matching bracelets for anyways?" She asked curiously. Dinah's smile grew "mine and Ally's anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do something special." She says. Lauren smiles "that's cute D." She says. Dinah nods "so what's up with you and Mani?" She asked curiously.

Lauren sighs "we're taking things slow. I'm still not exactly really to be in a relationship and she understands that." She explained. "You know, Mani cares about you." Dinah voiced.

Lauren nods "believe me, I know. I'm just scared I'll mess this up." She admits. Dinah completely understood where the girl was coming from. "I get it. I was the same way when I first started dating Ally. I was so scared that I would mess something." She tells her.

"How did you get passed your fear?"

Dinah chuckled "Ally was actually the one who helped me. She told me that I was more than good enough for her and that I needed to stop doubting myself." She answered. Lauren nods "I just hope Mani thinks the same." She mumbles. Dinah smiled at her "don't worry, she will."

---X---

Normani had a single rose in her hand as she made her way towards Lauren's room. Walking up the stairs Normani stops in her tracks when she saw Lauren talking to a small brunette. From the look on her face Lauren didn't look to happy. Right before she was about to approach Lauren and the unknown girl, she did something that made Normani's heart break. She kissed her. The girl kissed her!

However the kiss barely lasted a second before Lauren roughly shoved the girl back. Normani could tell by the vain popping out of Lauren's forehead that she was not happy, in fact she was livid. Normani needed to do something before Lauren killed this girl.

"Lauren hey!"

Turning her head towards the voice, a small smile made its way on her face when Lauren saw Normani. "Mani Hey." She greets, any previous anger was gone when she saw the dark skinned beauty. "What are you doing here?" Normani smiles at the green eyed girl as she hands her the rose. "I actually came here because I wanted to know if you would like go on a date with me?" She asked shyly.

Lauren could feel her heart beating out of her chest. "Mani I-I would love to." She agreed. Normani was visibly relieved when she heard that. "Great I'll pick you up at seven." She said. Lauren chuckles at her excitement "see you then Manibear." She says. With a small kiss to her cheek Normani said goodbye before going to plan her date with Lauren. This should be perfect!