Sixteen

Lauren was fuming when she saw Lucy sitting on her mother's couch. "What are you doing here?" She all but growled at the brunette. Lucy smirks "we all know that your mother is having medical problems and well I've come to help." She says.

Lauren raised an eyebrow at her "how and why?" She asked cautiously. "I know someone who can donate a kidney to your mother...but you have to do something for me." Lucy says. Lauren rolls her eyes "what is it?" She asked impatiently. Lucy smiles innocently "date me."

---X---

"Lo calm down and repeat what you just said." Dinah said.

Lauren huffed "Lucy wants me to date her in order to get my mom the kidney she needs." She explained. "Dinah you know how in love with Normani I am and you know that I can't do this because I just can't hurt her like that." She finished.

Dinah nodded "have you talked to your mom about this? Did she say anything?" Lauren shook her head "nope after Lucy told me what she wanted I quickly left before my mother could say anything." She replied. Dinah nods "Lo you need to talk to your mother." She says. As badly as she didn't want to agree with Dinah she knew that her friend was right.

After her talk with Dinah she decided to go talk to her mother. Walking inside Lauren saw her mother sitting on the couch reading. "I was hoping that you would come back." Clara said.

Lauren gives her a small grin "can we talk?" She asked softly. "Lauren if this is about what Lucy said I don't want you to take it. Don't take her offer." Clara said. Lauren was stunned by her mother's words. "But you need a new kidney-"

"Yes, that's true but I'm not going to let you break Normani's heart just to get it. I'm all the list and even though it will be a longe wait I know that I'll get one eventually." Clara interrupts.

Lauren gave her mom a small nod "so you would be ok if I rejected Lucy's proposal?" She asked carefully. Clara nods "I would want nothing more."

---X---

Normani was over class and all she wanted to do was go home and see Lauren who she hasn't seen all day for some reason. Tapping her nails slightly on her desk Normani impatiently waited for her professor to let them out. The last five minutes felt like they were dragging on and all Normani wanted to do was leave.

After waiting impatiently Normani was finally able to leave and she didn't waste any time running out of the class. Unfortunately she bumped into Lucy on her way out. "I'm sorry." She apologized quickly before continuing to walk.

"If you're looking for Lauren she's not here." Lucy says.

Normani tilted her head as she turned to look at the brunette. "What are you talking about?" She asked carefully. Lucy smirked as she stepped closer to Normani. "Nothing other than the fact that Lauren agreed to go out on a date with me." She said smugly. A surprised gasp escaped Normani's lips as she looked at Lucy. "You're lying! Lauren would never go out with you." She said strongly.

Lucy laughs "Nor-whatever your name is, let me tell you that the only reason Lauren even wanted you is because she was trying to get over me. I'm the one she loves and I'm the one she's going to be with in the end. You're nothing more than a rebound."