Ten

Lauren stood there taking in everything that Kehlani was telling her. Hearing what she was hearing made her think that it wasn't looking good for her mother. Her kidneys are barely functioning and she way at the bottom end of the list, so they don't know when or if she will ever get a transplant.

"What's the plan?" Lauren asked softly.

Kehlani sighs "uh well the doctor said she can do dialysis. Which should help her live longer." She answered. Lauren nods as she looks over at her mother and her heart just broke at how fragile her mom looked right now. Seeing how upset Lauren was Normani wasted no time pulling the sad girl in to her arms and letting Lauren cry on her shoulder.
Normani truly couldn't imagine what Lauren was going through right now. Yeah her mother wasn't the best but that was still her mother. Anyone would be upset if they were in her position.

"Babe you wanna take a break from all of this?" Normani asked softly.

Lauren nods "yeah I-I just can't see her like this." She mumbled. Normani nods as she gently locked her fingers with Lauren's and left the room. She didn't know where they were going but all she knew was that she needed to calm Lauren down and that's exactly what she was going to do.

---X---

Sitting at lunch Lauren couldn't focus on anything. She was too worried about what was going on with her mother, she needs her mom to be ok because she's the only biological family she has left. She needs her mom.

"Lauser are you ok?" Dinah asked.

Lauren just looked at Normani silently asking her to explain. The brown eyed girl sighs "uh her mother's in the hospital. She overdosed." Normani explains. Ally and Dinah gasped. "Oh Lauren I'm so sorry." Ally said as she gently hugged the younger girl. Dinah looked at the girl "Lo can we talk alone?" She asked. Lauren nods as she stood up and followed Dinah outside.

"What are you feeling Lo?" Dinah asked softly.

Lauren huffs "extremely disappointed and sad. D I can't lose her! I mean I'm pissed at her but she my mom and I just want her to be ok. She has to be ok!" She cried. Dinah gently wrapped her arms around Lauren as she let the girl cry her heart out. She knew first hand what it was like to have a parent overdose and it was easy. It was hard. Extremely hard because you didn't know what could or will happen to them and that's terrifying.

"What are your options?" She asked softly.

Lauren exhaled deeply "uh are only option is dialysis because she's too far at the bottom of the list to get a transplant." She explained. Dinah nods "is she going to do it?" Lauren shrugs "I have no idea. She can be extremely stubborn when she doesn't want to do something." She told her. "You know that can do dialysis at home. So someone can make sure that she's doing it." Dinah suggested. Lauren raised an eyebrow as a thought popped into her head. "I think I have an idea."

---X---

"Lauren no." Kehlani says.

Lauren groaned "why not? There's an apartment complex right down the street from my school and dorm so I can go over or have one of my friends go over and check on her. This is the only way." She says.

Kehlani shakes her head "yeah but what if you're all busy and she needs assistance?" She questioned. "My cousin Zendaya is a home health care nurse. She could help us." Normani chimes in. The tattooed girl looks at her "yeah but what about her job?" Kehlani asked. "She was let go because the woman she was taken care of passed and they have yet to find someone else for her." Normani answered.

Kehlani sighed "look I bet your cousin is great at what she does but I'm just not sure. I just don't know." She says. Lauren frowns "I really think you should think about this before you rule it out." She argued.

"I think it's a good idea."