Chapter 7: Reclaiming Quell Part 1

Skyler, Ben, and Holt arrive at the enemy base. It's the planet's defense system. A giant anti-air gun that can take out a modern Quell ship in one shot and a shield generator that surrounds the whole planet with a blue plasma shield. Ray notices the armies of Quell approaching and retreats to his office. In the few hours he's been in control of Quell, he's managed to outfit the defense system with walls similar to the Dome's panels and an armory, command center, and a personal office. The A-A gun was outfitted to look like a Victorian gun instead of a Quell gun. The sun is setting and the plains of Quell are no longer lush and beautiful, but instead they're dead and a memory. A memory of how the people of Quell and Grotia were able to make amends and live together in harmony. 

"All Rodgers Victorian soldiers, report to the forward base immediately!" Ray orders from his office through a communication system. "Right away." Lewal and Sheila say into their com-links. 

Photon and Parker are the next to arrive. "Hello, general Holt. My name is admiral Photon." Photon says introducing himself. "Pleasure to meet you, admiral. I've heard a lot about you. Admiral of the first fleet and captain of The Conqueror, correct?" Holt asks as he extends a hand. "Correct. This is my childhood friend and first-mate, Parker." Photon says shaking Holt's hand and introducing Parker. Parker and Holt shake hands as well. George and Lucine are the last to arrive. No other groups of soldiers arrived. Everyone else was dead. "Great, we only have a few hundred soldiers." Holt says angrily. "We're still going to fight, right?" Photon asks. "Of course we are!" Lucine says. George, Skyler, and Ben agree with Lucine and Photon who are eager to fight. "Let's give it to them!" Parker says eager as well.

 "Moral is high, but we don't have the numbers. We can't contact Grotia or the other 31 planets, but I have a last ditch effort idea," Holt explains, "I've observed the systems of planets, now the Planetary Alliance, Sheila wanted to attack 20 years ago. In the past 20 years they've added a system of five planets, the Dorian system, and colonized an entire solar system. Earth, Reston, Zaleth, and Dorian-5 are their main planets. Despite that, they've made a space station called Celestial that they use as their capital. It's bigger than a gas giant by a few kilometers, actually. The most recent colonies are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Trite. The first seven planets I named, counting the dwarf planet: Pluto, are in Earth's solar system, Trite is the second and last planet in Zaleth's solar system. There's also a planet called Salem, but it's not as important as the others, but still guarded as if it was. Taking in all this information, I propose we send the person with the highest authority to request help." 

"I think that's going to work!" Parker, Photon, and Lucine say. "We only have the one ship, so Lucine should go." Ben says. "Sounds good to me. George and Photon, could you go with her?" Holt requests. "Yeah we can." George and Photon say. The three get on Pups and they take off towards Celestial. Celestial is located outside a solar system and changes location constantly. It closest to the Earth system, so Pups gets to it as fast as possible before it changes locations again. 

Pups approaches a large white and blue sphere with three two mile tall antennas on one end, also known as Celestial. A person on com-links establishes contact with Lucine in order to confirm she's not a hostile. "Unknown and unauthorized ship, please state your intentions before we shoot you down." A person that established contact with Pups says. "My name is Lucine and I'm from a planet called Quell. We're in desperate need for help, please let us speak with your leaders. Please, I'm begging you." Lucine says. The man on the com-link is surprised to hear Lucine say Quell, he runs to the office of the leaders as quickly as possible. 

"You're clear for landing, please land in docking bay three. It's the one on the antenna." The man explains. Lucine pilots Pups over to the antenna and lands at docking bay three. Four people meet Lucine, George, and Photon. "My name is Lexan, and this is Samantha, Lilith, and Robert." Lexan says introducing everyone. "Finally." Lilith and Robert say happily. Lexan is currently 89 and on the verge of death. Lilith and Robert are the same age of 103 and a few more decades away from death. Reston and Zaleth humans live about the same length, Earth humans live the shortest, and Dorian humans live longer than Reston and Zaleth humans, but shorter than Quell humans by a few thousand years. "You old geezers. I got a good few hundred more years." Samantha says. "Stop bragging." Melissa Grave says as she and a man run up to meet up with everyone. "She's Melissa Grave and he's Mr. George, he insists we call Melissa Mrs. George, but no one does." Samantha says. "No need to milk it." Mr. George says. "Nice to meet all of you, but Quell needs your help. We're being invaded by a faction called Rodgers Victorian." Lucine explains. 

"Did you say Rodgers Victorian?!" Lexan and Robert ask in shock. "Yeah, why?" Lucine asks. "20 years ago we had what we call the Reston incident. Melissa and Mr. George went to the ruins of Reston, Melissa and I's home world that was destroyed by an entity called the deity, and Lexan's nephew, Ray Rodgers, killed his sister, Renee, and created this Rodgers Victorian. He was missing for 20 years, but now we've found him." Lilith explains thinking of Reston. "Why did they go?" Photon asks. "There was a weapon called the Devastator on Reston. We got a prototype of it, and it's been mass produced. We do believe the other 25 prototypes were destroyed on Reston." Lilith explains. "All of that aside, we've actually been looking for you. 21 years ago Lilith and I were in a civil war, and at the end a parasite called the Hive attacked. It named quite a few planets. We found Dorian, and now you guys, but now there's just Wul. We'll gladly help you, but if you would join the Planetary Alliance it'd be much appreciated." Robert explains.

"We don't really have a leader right now, so I can't say whether we would or not we can join." Lucine explains. "You volunteered to come here, Lucine, if anyone's going to be our leader it should be you." George suggests a little naive on what a leader is. "She may not have the experience, or skill, but she does have the determination and love for her people, so I agree." Photon says making a more critical assessment. "Nevermind, I guess I'm the leader. We have a deal. Help us and we'll join you." Lucine says happily.