Chapter 12: Retaking Grotia

Lucine, Ben, Skyler, Parker, and Holt walk towards the capital building on Grotia. They don't run into any resistance. In fact, many citizens from Grotia join them. Lucine doesn't have enough weapons for everyone, but a couple hundred get weapons and armor. Another five hundred have weapons of their own. F-Class, Z-Class, A-Class, and even B-Class weaponry fill the army of Grotians that march upon the capital building. 

"What's this?" Sheila asks lowering her gun and looking our her window. "It seems like you're surrounded by citizens." Photon says giving her a stern look. "What's with the look?" Sheila asks concerned. "You have a choice to kill them all, or ask them what they want. Which ever you choose will also answer a question I have." Photon answers. "What's that question?" Sheila asks. "Could we still be together, that's my question." Photon answers waiting for her choice. 

"Let me go, would you?" Ray asks Lewal when he comes to visit. "I'm only here to relay a message that someone left me about 20 years ago." Lewal says. "What's that?" Ray asks. "Let me explain how, first." Lewal says taking a pause.

~~20 years ago, during the Reston Incident~~ 

Ray's sister, Renee, runs into Lewal's patrol ship before reaching Reston. The two ships get in a battle, Renee's ship wins. Renee decides to board the ship to kill Lewal herself. She finds an injured, broken, Salemian. "Please, kill me." Lewal says. "You're in league with a Ray Rodgers, correct?" Renee asks. "I am, why do you ask?" Lewal asks. "I'm his sister, I know he's going to kill me. If he's ever defeated, I want you to give him this recording." Renee says giving Lewal a recording. "What makes you think I'll give it to him?" Lewal asks. "I don't know if you will. I just have hope." Renee says leaving Lewal's ship and continuing on to Reston. "Hope, huh." Lewal says as he watches Renee's ship leave.

~~Present day~~

"My sister left you a recording?" Ray asks saddened. "Hope, I still don't know what she had hope for, but I think it was hope that things get better." Lewal says giving Ray the recording and leaving. "Thank you." Ray says. Lewal stops for a second and then continues walking.

"Hello, Ray. I recorded this to tell you, I forgive you. During the rebellion I was mad, but now I don't care. It's okay. I forgive you. Please, Ray, don't give up. You had a good life ahead of you, please return to that. I love you." A holorecording of Renee says. "Error, ten minutes of the recording are corrupted. Deleting..." The holorecording system says as it deletes the recording. Ray throws the recording in the trash. "You forgive me, but forgiveness is something you give yourself." Ray whispers. Lewal posed as one of the guards where he listened to the recording. "Can't say I'm surprised." Lewal thinks.

Sheila walks to where the crowd of citizens are. "What do you all want?" Sheila asks as a few squads of five soldiers each run in to surround her. "We want you to leave." Skyler says firing at her. The bullet misses. Photon observes what happens. "Fine." Sheila says with no hesitation. Everyone is shocked by the answer. She looks up at where Photon is and smiles. A soldier comes in. "Sheila says you can stay here if you want." The soldier says. "No, I'll go with you guys." Photon says smiling. Sheila walks into the room. "You're coming to Earth with us?" Sheila asks for clarification. "Yes I am." Photon says. Sheila hugs him and he hugs her back. "Where's our son, Sheila?" Photon asks after their hug. "I don't know. After we split up I gave him to a foster home." Sheila explains regretfully. "It's fine, we'll find him later." Photon says. 

"You're actually leaving?" Lucine asks as Sheila and her forces board the last shuttle to Earth. "I am." Sheila says. "Does she seem different?" Ben asks Skyler. "She does, normally she'd shoot Lucine on the spot." Skyler says. "I don't think she'd stay also." Parker and Holt point out. "Yeah." Ben says. "Are you okay?" Lucine asks Sheila overhearing the other conversation. "I'm better than okay." Sheila says thinking of Photon. "You know we're still enemies right?" Lucine asks. "I know, and I'm going to make sure you lose this war." Sheila says leaving. "Am I on drugs?" Skyler asks. "You're asking a bartender if you're on drugs? You better correct that to 'am I drunk' right now." Lucine says angrily. "Am I drunk?" Skyler says quickly before he's banned from his favorite bar.

Tony, John, and Jasmine are still fighting the Planetary Regime army. Tony and his crew are really low on ammo. Planetary Regime reinforcements are closing in. "Where's your mom when you need her." Tony says. "Not here, obviously." John says. Jasmine fires her last rocket at a former Victorian walker, it's now a Planetary Regime walker. Luckily, that last rocket was an A-Class Quell rocket, so it destroyed the walker and took quite a few soldiers with it. "Let's go!" Tony yells happily. "Heck yeah! Good going sis!" John says. "Thanks, John." Jasmine says. "I said 'let's go', that's basically a thank you!" Tony complains. "Fine then, you're welcome." Jasmine says mockingly. "Don't you mock me. I give you your salary." Tony says. "You haven't payed John or I since you hired us!" Jasmine complains. "Not yet!" Tony yells thinking of how rich he'll be when he stops having to repair his ship. "It's alright, Tony, we'll stick with you no matter what happens." John says. "Speak for yourself, John. If I'm not payed I'm going to get a new job." Jasmine says. "No you won't." Tony says. "Yeah, you're right, old man." Jasmine says. 

Just then, Jessica purposefully crashes her ship into the Planetary Regime army. She ejected right before the crash and lands on the wreckage while wearing heat-resistant armor. She grabs a minigun off her back and uses all it's bullets into the Planet Regime army. There's only the reinforcements left, and Jessica still has a thousand bullets left. She sets up an ambush for the reinforcements and quickly kills the rest and still having a shot left. She shoots it at Tony and, lucky for Tony, it misses. "Tony!" Jessica yells as she storms over to Tony angrily. "Shit." Tony, John, and Jasmine say in complete sync.