Chapter 8: Reclaiming Quell Part 2

The battle was raging from the moment Lucine, George, and Photon left. "We have to fight till Lucine returns!" Holt orders. "Got it, sir." Ben and Skyler say sarcastically and not listening to him. Parker grabs a spare minigun and opens fire on the Victorian wall. It doesn't do much damage and Victorian soldiers return fire. There's a few thousand soldiers inside the base and Holt is commanding a few hundred. Holt grabs a rocket launcher from a fallen soldier and fires on the wall. The wall falls and takes a almost 13 soldiers with it. The explosion kills a few soldiers and injures nine soldiers. "I think we can do this!" Parker yells optimistically. Ray observes the battle from his office. "They're going to fail." Ray says to himself as he laughs maniacally. Holt's forces continue to push forward. Despite having inferior numbers it appears Holt is winning. He may not have the prowess or experience of general Jessica Buthar of the Planetary Alliance, but he is the best Quell's got at the moment. 

The longer Quell's sun is showing, the more intense the battle grows. For the humans of the Quell Empire, the sun is an important figure. In Quell's culture, the sun is believed to be the giver and possibly taker of life, a god. During night, when the two moons of Quell show, it is believed the god's children, the planets moons, takes the lives of the wicked. This all spawned from the middle ages of Quell when multiple people performed vigilante justice at night. Even today, the humans of Quell fight to protect their planet for the belief that their god will protect them. No one will ever say it during battle, nor outside of battle, but everyone from Quell believes that, no matter who they are and how they act. The Victorian soldiers can't match the moral of the Quell soldiers. Holt and Parker each get a rocket launcher and fire upon the wall. 

After a few shots the numbers are roughly even, Victorian forces still have a little bit more soldier than Quell. "One last charge! Push forward!" Holt orders as the sun finishes setting and it becomes night. Quell soldiers all press a button on their weapons and they all become golden spears with the blade being red energy. The Quell soldiers charge and kill most of the Victorian soldiers before the Victorian soldiers do the same thing to their guns. The Victorian soldiers are being cornered. Ray notices what's happening and retreats to his ship that he has parked nearby. He takes off and notices Lewal and Sheila arrived at that moment. The base is captured and Holt's men begin celebrating. Suddenly half of Holt's men are blown up by Sheila's Leader-Class rocket launcher. Leader-Class weapons are more powerful than A-Class weapons, but look exactly the same. 

"Kill them all, except for their general. I have a few words for him. Bring him to Grotia." Sheila orders as Ray comes back and picks up her and Lewal. The Victorian soldiers begin to charge as they turn their guns into spears. The Victorian fleet begins to aim their weapons towards Holt, but the Planetary Alliance arrives at that moment. "I want half our ships firing on the main ships in that fleet! The other half take out the rest of the ships!" General Jessica Buthar orders. "I got a better idea." Jacob Melbourne says as he fires an energy blast from his staff taking out multiple ships. "There's always that option." Jessica says annoyed. Robert and Lilith equipped Jacob's staff with P.B.C firepower that he could fire in the event of a space battle. 

"I got this!" Jessica's son and daughter, John and Jasmine Buthar, shout as they get in the laser turrets of a ship owned by a man named Tony. "You got this, kids?" Tony asks. "We got this, old man!" Jasmine says as she shoots down a few Victorian starfighters. "Don't damage my ship!" Tony yells angrily as a Victorian starfighter almost crashes into him. "I got you covered!" John shouts as he shoots down the starfighter. "Tony, can you drop us down to the surface already?" James asks. "That'd be nice!" Michelle yells. "Alright, Mr. And Mrs. O'Neil!" Tony says as he pilots the ship down to the surface. He drops off James and Michelle who instantly take out a few Victorian squads. They run over to Holt and help him kill Victorian soldiers. 

Melissa and Mr. George run over to the drop pods in Jessica's command ship. "Hey, Hun, I got to take care of Kyler, so can you do this without me?" Melissa asks. "Why do you always get to take care of our two year old?" Mr. George asks trying to relieve stress off Melissa. "I'm the mom and I have the more successful business, that's why." Melissa says as she holds baby Kyler in her arms. "Alright fine, but at least I didn't inherit my business from my dad." Mr. George says jokingly as he launches his drop pod. Jerald Lic also launches drop pod and the two drop in the middle of the Victorian army with a few thousand soldiers with them. "I'll take the soldiers on the left." Jerald says as he pulls out a plasma rifle and opens fire on Victorian soldiers. 

Tony flies his ship straight at the flagship of the Victorian fleet, which is attempting to ram Jessica's ship. "John, Jasmine, target the power core of the ship!" Tony orders as he rams into the power core section of the ship, which is close to the back. "Understood!" John and Jasmine yell as they blow up the power core. "You better get my kids out of there, Tony!" Jessica yells into her com-links. "Cut it out!" Jacob, John, Jasmine, Tony, James, Michelle, Melissa, Mr. George, and Jerald yell into their comms. "Hypocritical bastards." Jessica whispers under her breath as the Victorian flagship explodes and Tony's ship barely escapes the explosion. "They're safe." Tony says. "Good." Jessica says. 

"I could've done that in one shot." Jacob says. "I know, and you would've shot another whole in my window." Jessica complains. "Not wrong." Jacob says laughing. Jacob fires another blast into the Victorian fleet. It destroys a few more ships. The rest of the Planetary Alliance fleet arrives. "Alright, Jessica, let's see who's the better grand-admiral!" Photon says. "I don't think that's a good idea." George and Lucine say while piloting Pups. The Victorian fleet turns around and retreats. They scattered all along the Quell system. The remaining 32 planets in the system are in Victorian control. 

As the sun rises on Quell Holt, Photon, George, Ben, Parker, Skyler, and Lucine celebrate the victory they had with the Planetary Alliance. "Now it's time to reclaim Grotia." Holt says. "Let's do it." Lucine says.