Chapter 10: Escape To Grotia

Sheila blocks the bullet with the gauntlet. "Did you really think that was going to work?" Sheila asks while a Planetary Alliance soldiers knocks Robert out. Sheila looks over at Photon, Parker, Lucine, Ben, Skyler, and George. "Put them on a ship and send them straight into the blue star of Zaleth." Sheila orders. The soldiers comply and set the target to Zaleth's blue star. Sheila grabs Brandon's gun and shoots every camera in the room, ending the live feed. "I want you to ready my ship, I'm going to Grotia." Sheila says walking away.

"We're in an escape pod, that we can't escape from, and heading straight for a sun that's a few hundred light years away." Ben says a few hours in their journey. "Moving at 100 light years per hour isn't helping either." Lucine says. "We got exactly three hours till impact, so we got three hours to get out of here." Ben and Skyler point out. "We can't stop it, open the door, or change course. There isn't a way out." Parker says. "I think he's right." George says. "Sadly, I agree with that." Lucine says. 

A few hours later they can see the star in all it's terrifying glory. "What do we do now?" Photon asks. "There's not enough time." Lucine says. "It was an honor to meet all of you." Holt says closing his eyes as they get closer to the star. Everyone holds hands and closes their eyes as they approach their death. Just then Tony's ship comes flying by with Planetary Alliance ships shooting at him. "Pick them up, hurry!" Tony yells at John. "We got it!" John and Jasmine yell as they activate a giant arm that grabs the escape pod. "What the?!" Photon yells. "It's a little thing I added to the top of my ship. It's pretty useful when chucking asteroids at the sun when I'm bored." Tony explains after he establishes contact with the escape pod. 

The Planetary Alliance ships fire on Tony's ship. "Can you fucks go away?" Tony asks rhetorically while John and Jasmine jump into the ship's turrets. Tony's shields are lowered and the ship's hull takes massive damage. "I just fixed this thing!" Tony yells while John and Jasmine open fire on the Planetary Alliance ships. Tony pilots the ship to the asteroid field between Zaleth and Trite. Trite scrambles five more Planetary Alliance ships to intercept Tony. John and Jasmine finish off the other six ships and aim towards the next five. The second set of ships are taken out easy, but Tony's ship takes tons of damage. The shield generator is fried, the hull is heavily damaged, and an engine was shot out. To make matters worse, Tony barely has enough fuel to make it to Quell.

"This is going to be a bumpy ride." Tony says into the ship's intercom as he warps to Quell. After an hour of going through warp space, the ship runs out of fuel and crashes on Quell. Luckily Tony took evasive maneuvers and no one got injured. They land a few miles from the crash site of The Conqueror, still within Jiltren's city limits.  "That was a rough landing." Tony says. "Hope mom doesn't get mad again." Jasmine says. "Don't remind me." Tony says thinking back to when he recruited John and Jasmine as his crew and he crashed his ship on Trite after he took down a pirate flagship. "That was pretty bad." Lucine says as everyone in the pod walks up to Tony. "A bad landing, we did great when it came to rescuing you guys." Tony says trying to defend his habit of breaking his ship. 

"What's the plan now?" Photon asks. "I think we head to Grotia, Quell is mostly destroyed and I doubt the Planetary Alliance has any forces here." Holt says as a patrol of Planetary Alliance soldiers find them. Tony grabs his holstered pistol and shoots the soldiers in the head. "That's for shooting down my ship!" Tony yells. "Keep it down." George says shushing him with his finger. "There's a few ships left in the spaceport, if the Alliance is here then there might be more." Holt says. "John, Jasmine, and I have to fix the ship. You guys get to Grotia, we'll meet you there as soon as possible." Tony says. "Good luck." Ben says while everyone nods and runs to the spaceport. 

The spaceport didn't have many Planetary Alliance soldiers. Most of them were repairing the Dome and salvaging The Conqueror and The Supremacy. It was easy to sneak aboard a Planetary Alliance carrier ship, a larger ship than Tony's that has four turrets on the top, a decently sized hull/living area, and a cockpit for two to three people. "Suck on this, Planetary Alliance!" Skyler yells while they take off and head to Grotia. 

"Hello, Ray." Sheila says with her hand on her holstered pistol. "What do you want?" Ray asks. "Control over the Victorian." Sheila says. "Why would I give that to you?" Ray asks angrily. "If you don't, I'll just kill you and take it over. So, old man, hand it over." Sheila says grabbing the gun and aiming it at his head. "What happens to me?" Ray asks. "You get shipped to Earth and you can be in charge of it, I guess." Sheila says. "Alright, fine." Ray says thinking of a plan to get back at her. "Very good, Ray." Sheila says happily and leaving the room. She has Ray shipped to a cell on Earth. "That imbecile thinks he was going to be in charge, ha." Sheila says preparing to make a speech.

She goes to her office on Celestial and starts a live feed. "People of the Planetary Alliance, today all the planets controlled by the Rodgers Victorian have joined us. Today marks the end of the Planetary Alliance and the start of the Planetary Regime. All planets that attempt to betray me will face my wrath. It has come to my attention that Celestial has a super laser that can cut through an entire planet. Just to show that I mean business, the laser is faced towards Earth. It was an honor knowing you." Sheila says ending the stream and firing the laser at Earth. She wipes out the continent of North America, making it uninhabitable and killing trillions.