Chapter 8

~ Nicki ~

"Sooooo how was the date???" Candice asked while we ate french fries at Va Va Voom with Paris and Mariah. The rest of the girls couldn't make it.

"It wasn't a date. He just took me to the skate park and I watched him skate with his friends. He even taught me a trick or two but that was it, I swear. Besides, I've still got the hots for Willy" I answered.

"Willy Schmilly! Wayne is sexy as hell!" Candice shouted.

"You think Wayne is sexier than Willy?" Paris asked. It didn't really disturb me because I totally agree with her.

"Exactly! Thanks, Paris" I said.

"Whatevaaaaa" Candice said.

"I'm still kinda upset about Willy not answering my texts" I said after a moment.

"Just talk to him at drama. Ain't it about that time anyway?" Candice asked.

"Oh shit, yeah. I'll see you guys!" I said and then left.

"Have a good rehearsal!" Paris called.

When I got to rehearsal, Ms. Darbus was already taking attendance but she hasn't gotten to the students whose last names start with "M" yet. I went and sat down on the opposite end of the row that Willy was sitting in. There were only two or three students between us. I looked over to him but he still seemed a bit antsy. There wasn't a possible way for me to get his attention, so I just let it go. We both could use some space I guess.

"Okayyyyy, so for this play on romance and risks and living in the moment, I have chosen the two lead roles!" Ms. Darbus announced after attendance. I was nervous. I kinda want the lead role. Actually, I really want the lead role, like, a lot.

"Nicki Maraj! Congrats! You will be playing the part of Zolancé" she declared. I tried to keep myself contained but I just couldn't do it!

"Eeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! Thank you so much Ms. Darbus!!!!" I cheered after I hopped to my feet, and the rest of the cast applauded. I was soon able to calm down so I took my seat.

"Um, Ms. Darbus?" a girl named June called.

"Yes June, what is it?" she answered.

"What is this play about? Like...who's Zolancé anyway? And...what's the title of the play?"

"Excellent question! It will all be answered as soon as I hand out the official scripts. Oh, and by the way, you are Zolancé's understudy."

"Oh! Th-That's...great! Thanks Ms. Darbus" June said with the fakest smile in history of fake smiles...besides Krimlin.

"And the boy to assume the role of Blake will be Drake!" Ms. Darbus announced. Oh god. I completely forgot about Drake even being in the cast.

"That's awesome!" Drake cheered as the cast applauded once again. Then he looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back, but then he winked, so I stopped.

"Who's my understudy Ms. Darbus?" Drake asked.

"Willy. Alright now children, settle down. The rest of the cast members to assume certain roles will be announced tomorrow. For now, I would like everyone to come up and receive their script and we will all read over the lines as a company. Sound good? Good."

Towards the end of rehearsal I walked up to Willy.

~Willy~

"Hey" she said.

"Huh?? Oh, hey. Hi. Wassup?" I answered uneasily.

"Nothing...what's up with you?" she asked.

"Uh, yanno...the play."