Letting It All Out (chapter 3)

CHAPTER 3

I’d been in my room for half an hour. I looked out my window to see Emma’s car still there. I think I owed her some sort of explanation. I walked to my ensuite and splashed my face with water, I hope I don’t look like I've been crying, I probably do but there's nothing I can do about it. I fix my hair up and walk out of my room. Jaz and Emma are in the kitchen having a coffee, as soon as I walk in they stop talking and face me. Emma stands up and hug me and says “I’m not gonna force you to tell me what’s going on, I know not to force anything out of you now” she chuckled as she said that “but I’m here for you and you can talk to me whenever you want. You can trust me with anything I’m not going to judge you and I’m not going to tell anyone” and with that she ended the hug and sat back down. I smiled at her and said thank you an made myself a coffee. I sat down with the girls and turned to Emma. “I don’t think I’m ready to tell you everything, but you deserve an explanation for the way I acted earlier” she put her mug on the table and waited for the explanation. “Well it kinda starts back when I was about three, I had a best friend. This friendship lasted all the way through to when we were sixteen when he decided to pursue his dream, I knew he was good enough to get where he wanted to go and I didn’t want to be hurt by him forgetting me for fame so I ended the friendship in hope it wouldn’t hurt as much. It still hurts as much as it did the day I walked away from him and I miss him like crazy, whenever I see his face my whole body aches with guilt at the fact that I destroyed our friendship” I stopped the explanation there before I reduced myself to tears. “I’m happy your telling me this but what has this got to do with your reaction to finding out we are interviewing One Direction?” Emma asked me, I cringed when she said ‘One Direction’ as my body filled with guilt once more. “My best friend was Niall, Niall Horan” she just sat there and stared at me. I could of sworn an hour passed before she sad another word but eventually she came back down to earth and said “so you ended a really strong friendship with the Niall Horan three years ago and you haven’t spoken to him since” I shook my head “and you have to interview him and his band members in five days.” She stated “Thanks I really needed to remember that again” I replied sarcastically. “How about I make a deal with you, if I see you’re having trouble I’ll let you leave the interview, we can come up with an excuse for why you have to leave the interview. Does that sound like a good idea?” I had no response I just grinned like a Cheshire cat and stood up and hugged her. She knew I meant that as a yes. After that she turned around and gave me the papers she was holding earlier. “What are these?” I asked her “These are some of the questions we are to ask them. They are questions from the fans off Facebook and twitter Kelly asked me if you could go over them and choose the best ones to ask them. Is that alright?” she asked me. Kelly was our manager and she always left these kind of things to me because I knew how to make interviews fun, but this one I wasn’t so sure of “yeah sure, when do you need them for” “Kelly said she wanted to go over them on Wednesday so we are all set for Thursday is that okay?” yep that’s fine Em I can do that.” “Oh and Kelly also wanted you to come up with a few of your own or come up with something fun to do, do you want me to help you?” she asked “Yes please, if you could. We are gonna make this the funnest interview ever!” I was suddenly quite confident about this interview, but would all that change when I actually saw him in person?

Jaz ended up going out that night with a few of the girls from her work. Jaz works as the fashion writer for one of the popular teenage magazines. So they were all going to a fashion show for Sydney Fashion Week so she could write about all the new styles and the colours that are going to be in this winter. Emma ended up staying for the day and we had dinner together after Jaz left. We decided to get started on sorting out the questions to ask the boys. There were a few that were the typical questions you’d get like “will you marry me?”, “what are your fears” or "what’s your favourite…” but there were a few good questions one being, “if you were a chair what celebrity would you let sit on you?” That one was my favourite and I'd make sure I asked them that question, I wouldn’t mind knowing their answers. Emma and I tried to start on our questions and a little game to play with them but by the time we started it was 11 pm and we were extremely tired so we decided to do it tomorrow. Emma asked if it was okay if she stayed at mine the night so she crashed on the lounge while I went to bed. I messeged Jaz telling her Emma was sleeping and to try and be quiet when she came in because Emma was in the lounge room and I didn’t want Jaz to wake or scare her. I walked to my bed to get in and realised my box of memories was still everywhere. I just sat them on the floor and not worrying about packing them away because the only people that would see them would be Jaz and Emma. I laid my head on my pillow and fell asleep instantly. But it was not a good sleep at all..