(chapter 17)

CHAPTER 17

*Harrys P.O.V*

These plane seats are so uncomfortable, we had to change seating on short notice cause Liam decided to stay in Australia, he didn’t tell us why, he disappeared outside just after Niall left us and came back 5 minutes later to tell us that he decided to stay in Australia. We asked him why and he didn’t really answer, all we got was “I’m enjoying it here”. Next minute he was gone and we were shoved in these extremely uncomfortable seats. I would have loved to stay and get to know Amber and the other girls more, but clearly I didn’t because I’m dying of boredom. The rest of the boys are asleep, I can’t sleep because I’ve got one thing on my mind.

*Ambers P.O.V.*         

We finished at Nandos pretty quickly, I don’t even have any idea what Niall ordered me but it was good. We walked out of Nandos and got in the car. “So where do you wanna go?” Niall asked “what? We’re doing more than just dinner?” I asked stupidly. “Have you forgotten that we are on a date?” he asked me like I was stupid. I blushed at the mention of us being on a date. “I love it when you blush” Niall stated like it was nothing new but in actual fact the butterflies were going crazy. “I umm didn’t forget we were on a date, I just find it weird after all these years” I said unsure of my answer. He smiled his heart warming smile and grabbed my hand as the car pulled to a stop. “Where are we?” I asked. I just looked at me smiled and looked away. Once we got out I realised we were at the park around my house. Niall led me towards the swing and sat down on one, I sat on one next to him. We talked for what only seemed like ten minutes but when I checked my phone to make sure Jaz hadn’t been trying to get in contact I realised it was 11 o’clock. “Ahh, Niall I think we should head back home it’s like 11 o’clock” he looked at me with a surprised face. “Ahh crap is it really that late?” Niall asked. At that moment he looked up at the sky. “I think it’s gonna rain, we better get going” since we caught a taxi to dinner and to the park we had to walk home. I didn’t care about walking home just the fact that it might rain at any time. It was only a ten minute walk. We spent most of the walk just talking about when we were young children. We reached the door and it was locked. “Haven’t you got a key?” Niall asked me “Uhh yeah but the problem is it’s on the other side of the door” I said awkwardly. “Why didn’t you bring it?” he asked “I was expecting Jaz to be home and she leaves the door unlocked if I’m out” I said embarrassed. He just laughed at me. “Should we try the back door then?” he asked. I looked at him “wow I didn’t even think of that… good idea” he just laughed. As we stepped around the side of the house it began to pour down with rain. And I mean absolutely pour down. We just laughed as we ran towards the back door. We got to the door and pulled on it to see if it would open. It slid open with ease. As I stepped inside there was a tight grip on my wrist. I turned around to see Niall grinning while pulling me back in to the rain. ‘What is he doing?’ I thought to myself. Before I knew it his hands were on my waist pulling me closer to him. His face was extremely close to mine. Was this really happening? Before I had time to process what was happening properly his lips were on mine and in no time at all I was kissing him back. I was kissing Niall in the rain. I was kissing the Niall Horan of One Direction in the rain. I was kissing Niall my best friend of 17 years in the rain. After a while Niall pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. “You have no idea how badly I've wanted that to happen” I whispered. He smiled. “Oh, trust me I do” and before I knew it he was kissing me again. This time I pulled away and lent my head on Niall's shoulder. “Ambs?” Niall asked quietly “mhm” I answered. “Will go out with me?” I pulled my head back and looked at him confused “Niall, I just did” I said, he chuckled. “I didn’t mean it like that love, I mean, be my girlfriend?” he said quite confidently. I stare at him before whispering yes and kissing him again. We pulled away from each other and Niall took my hand as we walked inside. We didn’t take many steps inside the house before we realised Jasmine standing in the room with her jaw literally on the ground. When we noticed her standing there she immediately closed her mouth and kept staring. “Umm since when have you guys been a thing?” she asked highly amused. “Well if you want the technical answer, not even two minutes ago” I said cheekily before walking to the kitchen with Niall. I could hear Jaz’s protests but I didn’t listen to her… until she followed us. “Wait so that’s what you guys were doing tonight? You were on a date weren’t you?” she said still highly amused. Niall and I both nodded. She laughed “Naww my little Ambs is finally growing up” she exclaimed making me blush as she left the room. Niall chuckled as well.

*Nialls P.O.V.*

I did it. Amber's mine. Amber is mine and only mine. Why did it take me so long to get the courage to ask her? We could have been together like 4 or 5 years ago. Oh well, the point is she is now mine. I’m finding it hard to believe that she said yes. I didn’t expect her to. The moment I asked her was perfect. I still remember the day when we were 10 and watching a movie where some couple had just kissed in the rain, I recall amber saying that she wished that could be her one day. I never ever forgot that, and from that day onward I wanted to be the person that fulfilled that wish of hers. Tonight I did just that, and I will never regret it.