Old Friends

CHAPTER 6

“Thank you for having us on the morning show today! Let’s hope James and Sophie are better for tomorrow! Byeee” the ‘on air’ light went off and I said bye to Emma. She stopped me with a grin on her face “Where do you think you’re going missy?” “I... um... I’m kinda... I’m going to  ...um meet Niall” “you go girl! Try and clear it up with him I’ll see you at 4:30” and with that she was gone. I walked down to the lounge where I told Niall I'd meet him. I almost burst out laughing at the sight I saw. There sat Niall with his hair all slicked back and a pretty convincing moustache. To be honest it was a pretty good disguise if you ask me! I walked past him and whispered “Oi, Horan follow me” he looked at me smiled and got up and followed me while keeping his head down. I led him to my car and told him to jump in. Once we got in the safety of the car we were free to talk. “Okay where are we going Mr Popstar?” I asked him he laughed shrugged “Do you wanna just go back to mine, then we are out of the public eye and free to talk” “As long as you’re not planning to kidnap me” he said cheekily “Oh damn you got me” I said jokingly. We made small talk on the way to my house.

We walked inside and walked straight to the kitchen I offered him a drink he accepted a coffee and once we made the coffee we sat down we were talking when Niall suddenly said “so you never said if I knew you? Do I? You remind me of someone I just can’t pin point who” I sighed I knew he’d bring this up “umm... yeh you do … um know me” “Wait you never told me your name, may I know your name?”  I’ll try changing the subject “Always a gentlemen aren’t you? Not many men ask to know someone’s name these days.” Niall was too smart though I couldn’t fool him “nope... you changed the subject... what’s your name, all I know is it starts with an A” “Ahh you got me why don’t you guess?” I said still trying to avoid the subject” “Alright so I do know you, and your name starts with an A… would you mind telling me when or how we met?” crap! “Um we met at a very um young age” “Okay so your clearly from Ireland from the accent, I've known you from a young age and your name starts with an A? I would of said you were one of my close friends but she said she never wants to see me again...” that’s when I fell silent he remembered me, he remembered me he just didn’t realise it was me. “Hey why’d you go all quiet on me?” Niall asked me. I looked at with a sympathetic look and he looked me really closely then he suddenly gasped and stood up “AMBER! Oh my god Amber is it actually you?” I couldn’t form word I just started getting teary from the guilt so I just nodded. He stared at me and sat back down. I could feel the tears starting to fall so I whispered “excuse me” and ran to my room. I was in there for about 5 minutes when there was a knock on the door and Niall's head popped in “come in” I said sarcastically.” You’ve still got the sarcastic side I see” he stated while sitting at the end of my bed. I couldn’t help but smile. He lifted my head up to look at him and all he said was “What happened?” that’s all he said and I broke down in tears. I was surprised but I felt his strong arms wrap around me and pull me into his chest. I cried even more at the thought that I treated him so horribly and he still holds me when I cry after not talking to him for three and a half years. After ten minutes I finally stopped crying looked up at Niall. “I’m sorry! I regret it, I totally regret it! I don’t even know why I did it. My life has been horrible and I want you to know I didn’t mean anything I said that day! I've missed you like crazy. The day I found out I was interviewing you I thought about calling in sick. I have so much guilt from treating you like that and whenever I see you the guilt just washes over me. I’m so so so so sorry. I’m not expecting for you to just accept my apology." by now i was almost in tears again. "It was wrong of me to do that and hurt you like that. I won’t be surprised if you walk out now and don’t show up to our interview later because of me. I’m so sor-” “hey, shh shhhh its ok I don’t want an apology I've missed you as well and I can see you’ve missed me considering my pet rock from kindergarten is on the floor amongst all the photos and letters” he chuckled at the end of his little speech “oh shoot I forgot to put them away!” he laughed “can we forget the last 4 years happened?” he asked me “I couldn’t say no… of course!”. I don’t know how long I sat there in his arms and it felt amazing, but I couldn’t ignore the butterflies in my stomach and the tingles that stayed wherever he touched me. This is wrong, this is so wrong. Maybe if I ignore these feelings they’ll go away. “I've missed you Ni.” “I've missed you to Ambi Bambi” “please don’t leave me again” “only if you don’t leave me Ambs” and with that I fell asleep in his arms. Crying is a lot more tiring than I thought.

*Niall’s POV*

Its Amber, it really is her. I don’t know whether to feel happy or be angry at her. She’s caused me extreme pain over the past three years, but I miss her so much. Yes I know I said I forgive her and of course I eventually will, but at the moment I don’t know if I've fully forgiven her though. I don’t even know if I’m angry at her for what she did. But she was right, I didn’t even have time to chase her, I had every intention of going and finding Amber after the Xfactor, but I didn’t have time.  She was right; I did exactly what she said I would do.

I told her I wouldn’t leave her but what happens when I have to go home? Our shows in Australia are the last of the tour so if all goes well I can stay in Australia for my two month holiday before we go on tour again. We could build our friendship strong again but then I have to leave her again, will I have time for her; I don’t want to hurt her again. We’ll have to see how it goes. Right now I’m happy having my best friend in my arms again. I don’t want to lose her again, but will she agree to have a close friendship again if I’m always touring?