Back In

Alexis

"Shit" I breath out after slowing down my paste. I huffed as I took a seat down on the outside bleachers.

"Looks like that rib is getting better." Jessica said breathing just as heavy as me.

I smiled and nodded. "I barely feel a thing now, don't even need to take my pain meds anymore."

"Happy for you, it has been a week and I still get head aches, but the knot you gave me has gone down."

"Shut up, you deserved it." I hissed rolling my eyes.

Jess chuckled before sitting next to me on the bleachers. "Maybe I did, at the moment."

"Yup, you needed someone to knock some fucking sense into you."

"Kiss my mixed ass okay" She growled.

"You ready to go again?" I asked standing up with a chuckle.

"Yeah but um..." she stopped me standing. "Did you get a chance to talk to Aisha?"

I kissed my teeth. "Yeah" I muttered before stepping down the bleachers.

"Okay, well what did she say?"

I ignored Jessica and started to walk around the track.

"Alexis!"

"Look she doesn't want anything to do with you!" I semi-yelled. "You hurt her and now she is angry and taking it out on everyone else! She is angry and pushing people away because of you, you are the last person she wants to think about but at the same time you are the only person she can think about and it is screwing with her, it is screwing with her judgment, and it is screwing with our friendship! She hates you, She thinks I am selfish and self centered when I have been doing nothing but trying to help her get though this!" I snapped. 

Jessica stared at me blankly. I took a deep breath before apologizing. "I'm sorry iight, she just ugh, I tried to talk to her about you okay? she just wasn't hearing it Jess, sorry" 

"It's not your fault." She sighed deeply. "I appreciate you for trying though."

"It's the least I can do, Just don't expect me to do it again, that shit is for the birds yo" 

"She is your best friend." Jess shook her head as she picked up her pace to a slight jog, I did the same. 

"She is your girlfriend." 

"Ex..." Jess Muttered

I glanced at her. "Did she break up with you?" 

"I mean not in words but it is obvious. She wants nothing to do with me." 

"Until she tells you out of her mouth that you two are no longer together, then don't give up. Let her be mad, give her space, but stay in reach, don't go fucking anyone else either, move as if y'all are still together and shit will work itself out iight."

"ion know bout that Alexis." Jessica frowned. 

"Aye, stop doubting yourself, you can do this" I encouraged. 

"GOODMAN!" My sir name was yelled from across the track. I squinted my eyes, trying to figure out who the hell was calling me. 

"Aint that your coach" Jessica questioned. 

"Oh fuck. Run." 

"W-wait what?" Jessica stuttered as I slapped her arm. "FUCKING RUN!" 

I slightly pushed her out the way and started to run.