Just As 'Good'

Alexis

"I am just glad that you are okay"

"I know, I should of texted you or something but I just got so caught up in making sure Kanae was okay you know." I said into the phone.

"I get it" Johni was on the other end of the line. I missed her calls last night because I was with Kanae, on my way to my first class she called again. "You gotta make sure your teammates are good. You are a good captain"

"You know good and damn well that I am not the captain."

She chuckled. "You should be though, and we both know that baby."

"What ever, what do you have planned for the day?" I asked.

"I am actually getting ready for practice right now, after that I gotta go get fitted. I should be done and home no later than 4 this afternoon."

"Cool, after class I am supposed to be practicing with some of the girls and helping Kanae, I am not sure what time I'll be in but I'll keep you in the loop okay?"

"Okay. I'll talk to you later then iight. I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too, have a good day"

"Thanks, I will. and You too baby. Later."

"Later." I repeated before hanging up and pushing my phone into my pocket.

I walked into the R building and headed to my English II class.

~ Next Day- Game Day~

I followed Kanae to the middle of the bus, she sat on the inside while I sat on the end.

She popped her head phones in and tuned everything else out. We were just loading the bus for our away game. Everyone seemed to be so excited and overwhelmed with emotions about this game except for Kanae. I tapped her leg and she looked at me.

"What?" She asked pulling out one of her earbuds.

"Just checking to make sure you are ready."

She shrugged. "It doesn't matter if I'm ready or not. You are back now and I am your sub, and you normally play a full game, all I gotta do is sit back and chill."

"Bu--" Kanae put her head phones back in not wanting to hear anything else I had to say.

I tried not to bother her anymore. I know she has a lot going on and me pressuring her isn't going to benefit her not one bit.

For the rest of the ride I talked to Lez and Brooke who sat across from me.

"Nah I'd rather play International Ball, than play for the WNBA" Lezley said,

"What why?" I frowned.

She shrugged. "I want to travel and do what I love while doing it."

"You can travel in the WNBA" Brooke informed.

"Sure but not as often, I wanna play ball in Italy, and Japan. I wanna go to Africa and see what they working with. I am tired of America, too much shit going on here mane"