Hurt Eyes

Alexis

~

I washed down my painkillers with a bottle of water before leaving my dorm an hour early

If coach wants to torture me with the bench and a track, then I am going to make the best out of the situation. Not being in practice means I have time ALONE to think about my life, my career, and myself as a whole.

Once I got to the track I put my head phones in and let Chance The Rapper's Acid Rap classic mixtape blast through my ear drums as I jogged.

~

As 'Everything's Good' played out, I slowed down, stopping in front of the bleachers where I left my water bottle. I took a second to catch my breath before taking a sip of water.

"You got this punishment too huh?" Someone walked up behind me.

I turned around, my eyes landing on Jessica. I rolled them.

"No thanks to you" I blamed.

"Hey, you was the one who attacked me" She made clear.

"Because you hurt my best friend." I justified my actions.

"Which had nothing to do with you"

I sucked my teeth. "Mane what the fuck are you looking for here huh? An apology?" I chuckled sarcastically, "Cause you can shove that thought up your ass, you're not getting one." I made clear.

"I wasn't expecting one."

"Good then leave me the fuck alone." I sized her up before putting my head phones back into my ear and running off.

Running was a horrible idea. No amount of painkillers could suppress the eye-watering pain that shot up the side of my body. I stopped almost immediately , groaning out in pain.

"Fuck" I cursed standing up straight with my hands on top of my head.

"You straight?" Jessica asked jogging over to me.

I gave her the most annoyed look I could possibly give. What the fuck does this chick really want.

"come on you look like you're about to die, and I don't want to be the one to witness that"

I sighed and lift my shirt up slightly.

"Ew that looks nasty" She said making a face.

"Thanks to you and your cleats, I have a bruised rib"

"Well no thanks to that ring you wear, I have this knot" She said pointing to her head, "These bruises" She mentioned the purpleish-redish blotches on her legs.

"And there is a nasty bruise on my hip which I would much like to keep private."

I squinted my eyes at her. "what do you want from me?"