We'll Start A Life Of The Plain And The Simple,

2 days before Spring Fever

"Red, you have a booking for this morning" Hannah announced.

"No problem, what time?"

"They'll be here any minute now"

I walked to the chair I got people to sit on and started getting everything together, I hoped it was a forearm piece, as I'd not done many. But it didn't really matter, as long as I didn't have to tattoo somebody's... erm... genitalia. That was something Hannah had to do earlier this week actually. She wasn't happy.

The door opened and a very familiar face walked in.

"ALEX!" I squealed.

"WENDY!" He returned, enveloping me in a hug.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ARE YOU MY BOOKING? DID HANNAH KNOW? HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN PLANNED? I SMELL FOOD!"

Alex looked at me with a puzzled expression while he tried to piece together my ramblings.

"Um, I wanted to, yes, yes, a week... in that order" he rushed out.

I smiled and tangled him in a bigger hug. He coughed for breath and I released him, laughing at my stupidity.

"Hannah, how many bookings do I have today?" I questioned.

"Crimson you idiot, it's Wednesday, you always have Wednesday off. I just can't believe you didn't realise earlier."

"I thought it was Tuesday, my bad"

I shrugged my shoulders and dragged Alex out of the shop with me. I was planning on giving him his Christmas present, that I still had hidden away in my room. It wasn't much, but it was special. It was a three tier storage system with six drawers in it. Each containing a different thing. Plectrums, a couple of Capo's, earphones because Alex always lost them, phone cases, a best friends coupon book and in the last one, little cards with choruses and verses for songs me and Alex had wrote together. I got him a main present too, of course. It was a holiday for him, Lisa, me and Josh for two weeks after Spring Fever. I'd already checked with Lisa if Alex was busy and Josh wasn't on tour again til next year. It was perfect timing.

After giving Alex his presents he hugged me and we must have talked for a few hours until Josh walked into my bedroom, high-fiving Alex and throwing him a beer.

"Little early to drink isn't it?" I asked.

"Crimson, it's seven at night" Josh replied.

"Holy crap. Time flies."

We all sat and watched The Regular Show. Pointing out little flaws in the plot line every now and again. It was awesome being sat with my two favourite guys in the same place. But touring with them both was gonna be the best.

"Crimson Aradia, would you do me the honour of getting me another beer?" Alex asked.

I shook my head and smirked.

"You frickin Americans, why can't you just say 'fetch us a can'?" Josh wondered.

"Y.O.L.O" Alex responded and I punched him in the gut.

I very much hate the constitution of the acronym 'Y.O.L.O'. More than I hate avocado, and boy do I hate avocado.

"Any need for that?" Alex whined.

"You said YOLO. You're lucky I didn't stab you."

Josh laughed and hi-fived me. Alex pretended to sulk and walked out of my room, dragging his feet behind him. I was just about to go get him when I heard his phone go off. There were hushed whispers and one part in particular stuck out.

"What do you mean I have to tour straight after Spring Fever? Crimson just gave me plane tickets for just after the last date. I am not cancelling on this holiday. You aren't my boss, remember? I am your boss. You can't tell me what to do. You can't stop me."

Alex burst back into the room and threw himself on the floor.

"Lex, you okay?" I questioned.

"Nope. The new tour manager wants us to tour straight after Spring Fever."

"WHAT?! Did you agree?"

"Hell no!" He replied. "Wend, do you remember our deal? Neverland?"

"Yeah, but it's not just me and you anymore is it? You have Lisa and I have Josh."

"What are you talking about?" Josh interuppted.

"Me and Lex agreed that we'd runaway if things got tough. But that was when we were both single. I couldn't run away without you."

"Well then I'll come with you."

"Really?" Alex asked.

"Yeah Josh, are you really thinking this through? You have the band and your family here."

"You're all the family I need." Josh sighed happily.

"We just need to ask Lisa." said Alex.

Alex went to call Lisa and me and Josh put The Hunger Games in the DVD player. I loved The Hunger Games books and had not seen the film yet.

"Guys! Lisa agreed. All systems are go!" Alex burst in.

He sat next to Josh and we all watched the first half of the film uninterrupted.

"Wait, so she is an expert archer even with all those injuries?" Josh spoke

"Yeah, the tracker jacker stings were just to make her hallucinate" I pointed out.

"Oh."

"It is a bit hard to understand without the book".

I turned the DVD off when me and Josh got bored, Alex was asleep whilst propped up against the foot of my bed.

"CRIMSON!" Oli shouted from downstairs.

I ran down and slipped on the kitchen tiles. Falling quite heavily. Oli helped me up after him and Josh pointed and laughed. I was passed a box and then told to go open it. As I peeled the sticky tape away a note fell out and I opened it up.

Crimson/Red/Wendy,

I told you there was another present. Sorry you had to wait this long.

Anyway, all the best.

Matt/Flyzik/Mickey Mouse. {¤~¤}

I looked at the present inside and it was a 'Neverland Survival Kit'. It contained a wooden sword, a first aid kit, a book of fairy tales, an acorn, a thimble, freeze dry food, unconvincing 'fairy dust' and a little poem.

"So you're thinking of running away,

to a place with pirates on clouds,

children in animal costumes,

are running all around,

who cares if you're older than twenty,

or barely just a teen,

there's still wonders,

everywhere to be seen,

so remember this on your travels across the sea,

it always works,

and for that you have my guarantee,

the second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

See you in Neverland,

Peter Pan.

-By Matthew J Flyzik"

"Flyzik was the one who suggested we run away in the first place, but he meant just us two. I explained the circumstances and he still agreed it was for the best. When I asked to run away a couple of months ago, Flyzik had just left the bus." Alex explained, slowly waking up.

I smiled and pulled out my phone.

To: Flyzik Mouse

Thankyou, see you in Neverland ♡