Chapter 10

LUCIUS'S POV:

I was speechless. How could one boy hold so much hurt and anger within him? That was a question I never figured out the answer to. I looked at the sleeping boy in the middle of the room with his familiars protecting him and I could think of only one thing: 'I will care for him for as long as I can.' I approached him with caution, holding my hands in front of me to show the snake and the lion cub that I mean no harm, then I gather him in my arms. He stirred slightly, so I kissed his forehead and shushed him, then took him to the room he was going to stay in while at the manor and laid him on the bed. I then got into the bed next to him and hugged his body close, then used legillimency to tell Severus to explain what he sees fit to Hadrian's parents while I would stay with the boy. I didn't want him to wake up alone, in an unfamiliar place, especially after a nightmare.

An hour later, The Dark Lord, Bellatrix and Severus came into Hadrian's room. They just conjured chairs and watched intrigued as Severus joined us on the bed and started stroking their son's hair. A few minutes later, Hadrian started moving and whimpering, louder and louder every time. Me and his other godfather tried to sooth him, but nothing would work.

"...no, p-please....no! 'm sorry... no magic, no magic.... I didn't mean to! I swear....stop, stop, stop! NO! PLEASE!....I'm sorry!..... no, don't! don't hurt me, please....uncle.... don't! not there, please!.....don't touch me there, no!" Hadrian screamed, whimpered and pleaded, all at the same time. The parents seemed close to tears. The boy kept turning and kicking for half an hour or so, then stopped and whispered "Thank you, my angelus mortis." After that, he went back to sleep.

HADRIAN'S POV

I woke up to the sun streaming through a window and with the feeling of being watched. Strangely enough, I was laying on a soft surface, surrounded by warmth. Then it all came back to me, meeting my father, torturing Ambrose and, oh Merlin, what have I done? I shot up in bed like an arrow, only to come face to face with my sad looking parents. I whimpered and shrank back suddenly, hitting two strong chests. I quickly turned around, saw Lucius and Severus and leaped on them, hugging them close to me, letting their scents take over my senses.

"Hey, Had, it's alright. They're not mad, they just want to meet their son. And besides, The Dark Lord said your fire breath was very cool." Lucius said, smiling. I poked my head out of his neck, wide eyed, and asked, in a voice so small even I didn't recognize to be my own:

"Really? He said that?" Lucius grinned and lifted my chin with one hand.

"But, of course he did. Even Severus thought it was pretty neat, but would never admit it. I had to sneak into his thoughts to hear it and let me tell you, I've never seen him so impressed." he said. I grinned and summoned Severus from wherever he was, then hugged him. I pulled back and looked around, then stopped at my parents.

"So, what do you know and what do you want to know?" I asked them, feeling dread seep through my being, making me tense up. Severus noticed and pulled me into his lap, then started to run his fingers through my hair. I relaxed slightly, grateful for the comfort. I closed my eyes and put my palm up, before wishing for the blood test and it came to me. I handed them the papers, hoping they would miss the medical history, but Lady Luck seemed to always have hated me. My mom gasped, tears now streaming on her face and got up, then brought me into the biggest hug I've ever received.

"...Mom?" I whispered, feeling like a small child. She held me tighter, her crying tenfold, wetting my still naked shoulder, and nodded.

"Yes, baby. It's me, your mom." she sobbed. A few minutes had passed until she stopped crying. She pulled back and sat next to me. A sly grin then took over her features and her eyes sparkled with mischief. "So, what's going on with you and these two you slept with?" She asked in a teasing tone. I pulled a face and said: