Chapter #2 (Group 3)

Maxwell, Friday afternoon, almost time for dinner

I sat on my bed holding my pet ferret, Esteem. I tried to reach my bag full of supplies for him without scaring him too bad. I just ended up putting him on the sheets of the bed and getting on the floor to pull it out from under Esteem's cage and table. I pulled out the food dish and filled it with bits of ferret flake things. I never understood why certain animals like ferrets liked this type of stuff.

While I watched Esteem eat a roommate walked over "Hey it's almost time for dinner." He said. Putting his rat back into his cage as he walked out of the dorm room through the rounded barrel like hole. I didn't respond since I knew he wouldn't be able to hear me by now. I continued to watch Esteem eat until everything was gone from his bowl. I put him back into his giant cage and started to leave before he started to scratch at the bars.

I hated every time I had to leave him there alone all day. He doesn't have anybody else with him, he's got to be lonely. Of course I would know. I suddenly had an idea!

I sat down with Braylen at our table, holding my bag gently hoping he won't make any noise. Braylen looked at me curiously as if to ask what the bloody hell was in my messenger bag. "Please don't ask." I said.

He looked at me with a weird face and shrugged, grabbed another sandwich and stuffed his face. I joined in with him and ate until it was time to go back to our dorms and sleep. I gently put Esteem back into his cage. He was calm about it now that I was staying here with him. It's been like all my life now.

When I was accepted into Hogwarts, they never sent my brother an acceptance letter. Not Roy G, but the middle child. His name was Fared, like fair - edd or something. It means Ferret in some language, I'm still trying to figure out why my parents named him that, or if they named us at all. Maybe they knew he would turn into a ferret animagus and be my pet ferret at Hogwarts, but how would they know that, they didn't even know us for very long.

Fared was still a wizard, but didn't go to Hogwarts. Why, I'm still wondering myself. He obviously had magic in himself and could turn into a human and back to a ferret very well and fast too. Had he heard rumors about this place being bad or dangerous to students? That wasn't entirely true but wasn't a lie either.

I couldn't blame him for that though, sometimes I wish I hadn't come here for the first year, but I always change my mind because of the thought of Alan and Logan, Braylon and Agate.

I stopped thinking about everything when a roommate turned off the lights in the room and everyone else went to sleep, even my brother. I had to change his name, or what I called him when I came here with him. I've already talked about my brother and his original name, so if I went around talking about a ferret that I would have named, being called by my brother. Let's just say that's not a very good idea.

I wrapped myself in the quilt on my bed and tried to go to sleep, scratching my head every once in a while. I really have to listen to Logan sometime sooner or later and go to the medical wing to check what's wrong with my head. Whether or not if it's lice or some dumb curse someone put on me.

The next morning I got to sleep in while almost everyone was out doing something at Hogsmeade or something. Probably drinking butter beer or buying magic candy. I'm not aloud to go there because nobody was able to sign my paper before the school year started so I normally just hung out with Roy and Agate. She's nice enough to stay with Roy when everyone else went to Hogsmeade to have fun. She's a really nice girl I'm surprised she's not a Hufflepuff. I shouldn't be discriminating against houses though.

Once I got tired of laying on my bed, trying to go back to sleep, I got up to get ready to go to the dining hall. Roy must be waiting for me right now, he was always an early bird. I looked through my truck to find something I had from the orphanage from last summer. I shoved some things out of the way and looked in the pockets until I wrapped my fingers around a smooth device.