Alone

Tonight was your first night alone. You walked into the empty apartment. The silence stung. Normally Envy would be there, happily greeting you with a hug and a smile and usually a kiss too. Nothing tonight. You didn't know where Envy was being kept. Was he even okay...? You trudged over to the table and took a seat. You looked around at your empty apartment. How had you ever lived like this? It's lonely. It's silent. It's lifeless... You looked over at the couch. Memories came back to you. You remembered the first time you two made out on there. You remembered all the late nights watching TV and snuggling. All the times that you'd fall asleep snuggled up next to Envy. Those mornings that you'd wake up next to Envy underneath a warm and snuggly blanket.

You ran your hands over the surface of the table slowly. It brought back a memory of the first time you and Envy shared a meal. You had made a special dinner for him to celebrate his moving in. Envy's big and adorable smile as he ate was perfectly clear in your head. He was so happy. A sad smile appeared on your race as tears began to fall. You missed him so much. Your heart began to ache, your stomach in knots. All you wanted to do was be able to have him with you. You needed him there! Sadly, you didn't know when you'd get to see him again...if you ever got to see him again. It absolutely broke your heart. And worst of all, you had to deal with it alone. Tonight you were all alone.