Seventeen

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Here you guys go! It's kinda short, but HERE you go!!!

~~~~~~~

Persephone's mother had ruined everything, yet again. When they had arrived home, Demeter had sat her down and lectured endlessly about the dangers of men. She was convinced that evil Hades had been looking through the slats of the closet door and watching her undress, even though Persephone had told her repeatedly that she hadn't undressed anywhere near the closet. But once Demeter had set her mind on something, she wasn't going to quit. Unbeknownst to Demeter, however, Persephone had her mind set on something, too.

Yes, Persephone had made up her mind: she was going to see Hades again, whether her mother approved it or not. Most likely not.

However, she was still on house arrest for what had happened with Ares last month. Hades suggested calling it "The Ares Incident." In truth, Persephone had thought that it was the stupidest name she had ever heard, but she would never ever call it something else. Almost as soon as Demeter was finished with her spiel about the dangers of the opposite sex, Persephone was up and in her room, writing a letter to someone of the opposite sex. Once she was finished, she set the quill down and read it aloud, quietly to herself.

"Dear Hades," She read. "Sorry about... all of that... Pretty sure my mother is never going to let me out of the house ever again. But to be quite honest, I have no intention of staying put, because so help me, I will not rest until I get something growing in the Underworld. You can try to stop me, but it won't work.

We need to get together again, so on. I've got lots of ideas for potential plants, but the seeds aren't going to last forever. I'll ask my mother if she's leaving anytime soon and get back to you.

Yours,

Persephone"

She looked it over and made an impulse decision, adding a small heart next to her name.

"Now all I have to do is give it to Hermes," She said to herself.

"You called?" A voice mocked. Persephone jumped and whirled around with a shrill yell.

"Herm--!" She was cut off by him slamming his hand over her mouth.

"Shhh," He hissed. "Your mom is especially touchy today, with what happened and all."

She shoved Hermes' hand off her face and narrowed her eyes. "How do you know what happened today?"

He looked at her. "As if you don't know!" He waved a hand in front of her face. "You know, Hades creeping on you?"

Her eye widened. "How do you know about that?"

"Word gets around," He shrugged, and sat down on her desk.

"Wait, why does word get around!?" She asked frantically.

"Persephone!" She paled as she heard her mother call from right behind the door.

"I am not hiding another man in my closet." She groaned as she ushered Hermes into the small closet. "One second!" She called over her shoulder. He grinned as his image faded, turning invisible.

"Really? Cause it looks like that's exactly what you're doing." His disembodied voice teased.

"Shut up and don't move." She grumbled and shut her closet door, walking calmly to her door and opening it. "Yes?" She sighed. "What can I help you with?" She added brightly, realizing the disapproving look her mother was giving her.