VIII

Detroit. December twenty-first, 2015, midnight.

Lightning hit the empty street and Prudence appeared. "What the hell is happening to me?" she groaned and stood up. "Oh right!! The mission! Fred, I'm coming!!" she gasped and made her way to the Old Wayne County Jail.

"Fred! Fred!!" she called once she arrived, quietly tapping on the glass. The man heard her and came up to the window. "Prudence!! The hell you're doing out there so late! Go home!"
Fred was unaware of Prudence's death. He didn't know she was a ghost. "Fred, listen to me," Prudence whispered as she went into the jail cellar through the window. Fred was terrified: "How did you-"
-"I'm a ghost, Fred. I'm dead,"
Fred couldn't believe his ears. He thought he might be hallucinating, so the man grabbed his head and tried to snap out of it. Nothing changed. "Prudence, what the fuck are you talking about?! This isn't possible! Dad never told me anything about your death,"

Prudence interrupted her brother: "Fred, I'm serious. I came to release you from prison...I need your help. I'm going on a mission,"

When Fred was told he was going to be let out of jail, he got extremely excited. "I'm all up for it!"
"Okay, wait here, do not wake anybody up," his sister whispered and went out of the cellar through the door.

Prudence sneaked to the guard and stole the key from him. She unlocked the cellar for Fred and left the key on the floor. "We need to make a run for it," whispered Fred, "there are security cameras all over. Prudence looked around and found the nearest exit. "Let's go," she commanded. "open this door and follow me,"

Fred was a muscular man, and with one punch he pushed the door open. However, the door opened so loudly that the guards heard it. "Footsteps!! We have to get out of here!!" gasped Fred.

Prudence grabbed her brother's hand which turned him invisible. As the guards were searching for him, the siblings escaped.
"Coast clear," said Prudence, "now, here's the reason why I must let you out of prison,"
Prudence explained to Fred what happened to her, her parents, Vincenzo and the five-day mission she was on.
"Richard is in jail?! I never heard anything about it!" gasped Fred, who never thought his dad would get arrested.

Prudence: "You heard me. Okay, so will you help me with this mission? This is why I released you,"

Fred scratched his head. "Either you're helping me, or I will make you visible and you're going back to prison,"

Going back to prison was something Fred wanted the least, so he agreed to go on the risky mission with Prudence.

-"Perfect. What time is it?"

Fred: "Twelve fifty-four,"

Prudence: "We need to hurry up. At one thirty we need to sneak on a black plane that will take us to New York City, and it takes a half hour to get to the nearest airport,"

Fred: "So how are we going to get there? We can't walk there and we don't have a car,"

Prudence: "Can you drive?"

Fred: "I can, but I don't have a license. I was deprived of it after I was caught drunk driving years ago,"

Prudence: "Idea! We're going to try to get a taxi driver to take us to the airport, you try to catch one, and once you get in I'll blackmail the driver,"

The Cardwell siblings went further away from Old Wayne County Jail so the cops would have a harder time finding Fred. "Prudence! Taxi!" Fred gasped as he saw a yellow cab approach. The man jumped out onto the street and started waving. "Fred, get back here!!" yelled Prudence, however the driver noticed Fred and halted. "You scared me, man!!" said the driver as he opened the window.

-"Sorry. Can you take me to the Detroit Metropolitan Airport? Please,"

-"Easily. That'll be fifty dollars,"

Prudence sneaked into the cab and nobody noticed. Now it's time to blackmail this dude, she thought. "Hey, you!! You better drive us for free! Otherwise, you're dead!" she whispered.

-"Is this a particular joke?!" gasped the driver who heard the voice but then realized that the voice belonged to someone else. "What do you mean? I heard nothing," Fred fibbed and slid a weapon to Prudence. The girl picked up the knife and aimed it at the driver.

Driver: "Gaaah!! Are you a ghost?! An invisible knife!!"

Prudence: "Shh!! Indeed, otherwise, I'd be sitting here with this man!!"

Driver: "Okay, okay, I'll drive you for free!! Just please don't touch me! I have a two-year-old daughter and a wife to take care of!"

Prudence put Fred's knife down as the terrified driver made his way to the airport.

Thirty minutes later, the cab arrived at the airport. "Your total is fif-" began the driver, but Prudence didn't forget about her plan and picked up the knife. "Gaaah!! Zero dollars!!"

"Thank you," whispered Prudence with a British accent and got out of the taxi. However, Fred secretly slid a five dollar bill into the driver's pocket, just because the man did his job and deserved at least something.

"Where did you get that knife?" conquered Prudence, since as far as she knew that Fred left prison empty-handed. "I found it while we were looking for a taxi. It was just laying on the sidewalk,"

"Now, follow me!" Prudence instructed as the siblings started running toward the runway. Prudence and Fred climbed over the fence behind which was the runway and started looking for the black plane. After running a few miles on the runway, trying to avoid the landing planes and the airport workers, Fred finally found the right aircraft. "Felicitations, Fred! Now, our goal is to get on top and find a secret entrance in the back of the plane,"

-"Prudence, a ladder! It's close to the wing! We can try to jump onto the wing!"

Fred and Prudence ran up the plane ladder and jumped on the wing. Prudence climbed on the roof, followed by Fred.

"I found the door!" gasped Prudence as Fred crawled over. "I need to push it open," said Fred and slowly crawled down. "Push!" commanded Prudence, which forced the man to open the door. "Let me get in first, I'm invisible,"

Prudence very carefully jumped into the plane to make sure nobody was there. Good for her and Fred; the plane was empty, there were only a few air hostesses, some passengers and a pilot in the front. "Fred, the coast is clear! Get in here! And sit in the very back of this plane,"

Fred jumped in and sat down by the window. "Fred, remember: make no noise, just pretend you're a regular passenger, say nothing to anybody. Just turn a movie on, read a comic...whatever. Just do not make any contact with anybody,"

At two a.m, exactly how Titus promised Prudence, the plane took off and made its way to New York City.