Talk

The silence had gone on too long.

Slaine was literally hiding behind Inaho and the princess was a bit reluctant on forcing Slaine to speak too.

Inaho held onto Slaine's hand and darted a smile at him. Slaine blinked, surprised at the unusual expression on his face.

The grip on his hand tightened and even he felt a bit more courageous to talk. He took a deep breath and came out of "his hiding place".

He tried to mutter a proper greeting but he was unable to look the princess in the eye while he did so.

"Hello... Princess Asseylum... It has been a long time..." He said with his eyes glued to the ground.

"Y-yeah... it has indeed been a long time..." The princess answered.

"Well it seems like you will finally be able to talk so we will be going." Inaho stated and got out of the room together with Yuki.

"So... You are leaving with Inaho-san now...."

"Yeah..."

"I was a bit surprised to hear... I never thought you would get along."

"Yeah... Me neither..."

A short silence fell.

"So... Slaine you know...."

"Princess, I am very sorry for everything!"

Slaine said in a loud and gloomy voice while looking downwards.

"Slaine... I...."

"I have done some unforgivable things! To you, to earth and to Inaho. I know well enough that I was in the wrong... And I know that what I did isn't something that can be forgiven. Still, I want to apologize. I am really sorry."

Slaine bowed apologetically...

The princess looked surprised but remained somehow composed.

"Slaine, as you said I can't forgive you for what you did. At least not as a princess. But I want you to live on. I can't forgive you but I don't hate you. I was really glad when Inaho-san complied with my favour and didn't kill you."

"Princess, to be completely honest, I still believe I should have died at that time. I had no reason to be left alive then. But still, I will have to thank you for it. I have now found a reason to live on after all." Slaine managed to smile and looked directly for the first time into her eyes.

She felt so relieved to hear that too. She had no idea what kind of reason Slaine had found to keep him alive but she was glad to know what she had done had some meaning.

Soon after that Inaho walked into the room again. After a while the princess excused herself and Yuki left for her work too.

The two boys were left alone. The first gesture to be exchanged was a light pat on the head, from Inaho to Slaine.

"You did good speaking with her."

"I wish you wouldn't be so pushy next time though."

"If I hadn't forced you here this talk would have been delayed a lot, right?"

"Well.... yeah I guess so.... you were still too forceful! And what was with that smile?"

"Oh that? I thought I would encourage you."

"Well it was the first time I saw such a happy expression on your face... I guess it was worth the effort."

"So what's your reason for living on?"

"YOU WERE LISTENING!?"

"Of course I was."

"GO DIE AFTER ALL!!"

Slaine said and tried to push Inaho off the couch, an attempt which failed dramatically.....

To be continued....
___________________________
Yes yes it's short.... Patience until June and then I will start working on its completion as well.

Anyway see ya next month~~