Chapter 21: So Much More Than You're Used to

....Sources have confirmed that B.D Farms has been caught up in bankruptcy scandal. Rumours are the billionaire Agricultural Enterprise might be forced to close down. Our sources say that B.D Farms has been facing a lot of challenges for the passed 6 months and have been cutting off staffs. Managing Director Hamza Bashir in an online Interview with The evening Post, confirmed that the Family business  has been facing  a lot of challenges lately, confirming that they have lost about a billion Naira in their poultry farms alone, and they are struggling to keep it afloat. Don't go anywhere, when we come back more on the newspaper headings.

She picked up her phone immediately "Did you watch Good Morning Nigeria today?"

"Yes, i just saw, that means they are officially broke, or getting there"  the person on the other end of the line said.

"I feel bad for him, you should call him or something"

"nope! After everything i did him, I'm sure i would be the last person he would want to talk to right now"

"fine! I'll call him, laters"

***
SIX MONTHS AGO

Lala found me at the garden lying on my back on the carpet grass, wearing sunshades, i was enjoying the day "Adi, I've been looking everywhere for you" she ran toward me wearing no shoes.

"clearly you didn't look here"  i said and she sat down beside me.

"Why don't we convince granddaddy to let us visit kd, before our wedding, then you can spend time with Abdulmaleek, find out who this Tahira is and i could meet handsome kd guys before I get shackled to a man i don't know"

"Oh my God! Brilliant Lala, we could have our pre-shots there"

"so he finally agreed on the pre-shots?" she asked reminding me how Abdulmaleek refused to agree on pre-wedding photos. He said something like 'I'm a private person, i won't show off my future wife to the world' and i was rooting for those pre-shots, think about it, Abdulmaleek and myself posing for the camera? Phenomenal, it would be to die for. And i actually really wanted to show off my future husband to the world.

"No! Kin san ko Abdulmaleek da irin kafuran farko din nan ne ko, zai yi wuyan karban musulumci"

Lala bursted into laughter "ke fa banza ce" she took off my shades "i have an evil scheme"

I gasped loudly huhhhh!!!!! "my favorite kind" and i rolled my eyes. Those exact words were a mimic of a scene in a movie we both watched.

"I'll pretend to be you.."  before she could finish i started to mumble "No! Lala we cant.."  she closed my mouth with her finger "sister, trust me i can convince him and you will get your pre-shots"

The idea was just too much, anyone else i would have agreed but Abdulmaleek I'm not sure i want to play that game with him "what if he figures it out?"
"he won't, we'll use makeup to cover my birthmark and I'll wear abaya so he won't  see the slight difference in our bodies. Trust me Adi, plus this might be the last time i get to pretend to be you" she pouts holding my face "pleeeeeaaaassssse"

I sighed "how can i say no when you're this cute?"

She jumped pulling me up "lets go ask granddaddy"

KADUNA

She came out wearing a black abaya, a small veil around her neck revealing her soft hair frontals.

He saw her from the gate walking towards him, she was something else, something looked a bit different about her. So much more than he was used to?  No! She was everything he was used to, pretty, attractive, flashy, elegant, social. Well she was a lot more fair than anyone he had ever been with, more fair than he himself.