Chapter 39: Closure

Barr. Usman Daura started out as a man of principles, in his early years, he was one of those men you see with long beard and islamically appropriate trouser length. He wanted to raise his children the right way, and he did his best to show them right from wrong. Were he failed drastically was showing them they could have anything money could buy. He wasn't always a rich man, he worked night in and night out to get to where he was, he didn't want them to grow up as he did, not having anything. He now sits in the hospital across his daughter in-law and wondered where he went wrong.

They paid the hospital bills and took Zainab back to their residence in kaduna, he called Abdulmaleek and asked him to meet them there. Being a lawyer he wanted all the facts before cross examining his son to establish the reasons for such misconducts.

Zainab's parents were not notified on her request when Kamal wanted informing them the night before. Today Her father in-law did not enquire whether or not they were notified. She hoped it would remain that way.

They all Sat in the parlor, Including Abdulzahir's mother "ni bana son tamabaya so biyu fa Zainab, ni ba uba nake a wirin ki ba?" Barr. Usman asked, he changed his direction to Abdulmaleek "kar ka boye min komai, ban kwaso jiki na taho garin nan dan ku bata min lokaci ba"

Abdulmaleek now wore dark shades to cover his black eye, he explained to Abdulzahir's parents immediately he came that his eyes were covered because he was experiencing some pains. He cleared his throat, he had no intention of keeping anything from them, he felt things were now completely out of hand, and he didn't want to be responsible for anything else that might happen to Zainab. Starting from the beginning to where Abdulzahir decided to marry Teemah and all the way to when he texted that photo.

"Fateema Isa? Wai yaron nan ba zai dena bin yarinyan nan ba?" his anger was more than just what had happened between the children. Fateema had become a problem for him and now his son. The girl was smart, she never lets anyone use her and gets away with it without paying duly. 

"ha'a toh kodai ya fara shaye shaye ne?"
as far as he was concerned Abdulzahir did not grow up to see him hit his mother, so he was confused.

"ba fa abinda yake sha" Abdulmaleek confirmed.

"kira shi, kira shi Abdulzahir din" his mother instructed Abdulmaleek and he took out his phone and called him "ka zo gida ana neman ka" there was no need for further explanation Abdulzahir already knew who was looking for him.

A few minutes later he joined them first greeting his parents to which his father replied "anki amsa gaisuwan, ashe kai mutumin banza ne? Toh idan kai mutumin banza ne toh mu ba mutanen banza bane. Ba zamu aura maka yarinyan mutane kuma mu maida musu da gawa ba. Sake ta" His father Instructed.

Everyone's eye in the room widened, nobody expected that at all. Abdulmaleek's impression was hidden by his dark shades "ai baka son ta ko? Fateema kake so, don kai wawane, toh sake ta, kowa ya huta. Daganan Abuja zamuyi da ita, da kaina zan nema mata dan mutunci tunda kai baka da shi. Sake ta nace" he shouted at Abdulzahir.

Abdulzahir's eyes were red, nobody bothered to ask him where he got his injuries "baba kayi hakuri, bazan iya sakin ta ba"

Zainab was already crying, she couldn't argue with Abdulzahir's father, but she honestly didn't want to be a divorcee in a society that gave divorced women very little respect "kai! Kaga kaman ina wasa da kai ne? ni kake cewa bazaka iya ba?" His father asked.

His mother decided to intervene "a'a ai abin baiyi zafi ba haka, a yi hakuri, bai kai a sa maganan saki ba"

"ki min shuru, babu ruwanki, so kike ya kashe yarinya ya barni da yi wa iyayenta bayani?"