Chapter 47: Delivery

Note: Zainab is now 8 months 2weeks pregnant
All events on this chapter happened within the period of 2days.

Bmmm bmmm bmmm bmmm the loud bangs on the door woke her up. Hajiya Aishatu woke up from her sound sleep and glanced at the time on the wall. It was 12:30am, who could it be that late in the night. She got up from her bed and put on a hijab and rushed out to the door. When she reached the parlor Talatu her maid was also up and came to see who it was "who could this be at this ungodly hour?" Hajiya Aishatu muttered, she went to the door and asked "waye?"

"Ni ce" a familar voice said through the door.
She looked to Talatu who looked clueless. "Ke ce wane?" Hajiya Aisha asked again.
"Zainab!!!"
"Zainab?" She muttered and opened the door immediately to see what was going on. The gateman was standing beside Zainab "Zainabu? Me ya fito da ke cikin dare ga sanyi?"
Zainab didn't reply she just entered inside the house and found an angle in the parlor and sat down. "Dama nace bari in rakota kar tayi ta kwankwasa kofa baku ji ba" the gateman explained.
"Nagode" Hajiya Aishatu replied and closed the door.

"Zainab? Me ya kawo ki cikin dare haka? Ga ciki, waya kawo ki?"
Zainab sniffed, wiping away short dry tears "I cant stay married to Abdulzahir mama, dan Allah ku raba ni da shi"
***

POV
Everything was blank but i felt myself fighting to wake up, the pull was so strong but something kept leading me out of the darkness. Was i sleeping? Was i dying, was i alive or I'm i dead. There was a flash and i saw his face fading away into the light with a smile, that face. What is happening to me?

I tried to opening my eyes, my lids felt heavy, i scrunched my eyes as my consciousness began to come back to me. I could not move my hands or any part of my body, i felt powerless. The smell of disinfectant began to hit my nose, desperately trying to open my eyes, i blink continuously.
Where I'm i? What happened to me? I began to see in blur, trying to answer the questions that overwhelmed me.
***

🎶Comin' over in my direction
So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah
Turn every situation into heaven, yeah
Oh-oh, you are
My sunrise on the darkest day
Got me feelin' some kind of way
Make me wanna savor every moment slowly, slowl.....🎶 Fadila woke up after her phone rang the second time "Hello?" She picked up in slumber.
"I'm so sorry to wake you, I got your number from the nurse that you regularly chat with in the hospital.." Fadila hissed and dropped the phone, she was so sleepy and this idiot woke her up in the middle of the night to what, toast her? She thought to her self, she threw away the phone and went back to sleep. It wasn't her fault that her brain wasn't exactly functioning at that moment.

🎶Comin' over in my direction
So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah
Turn every situation into heaven, yeah
Oh-oh, you are
My sunrise on the darkest day.. 🎶

Her ringtone went on again, she woke up "kai!!! Oooooooo, wani irin maye ne wannan" she picked up again "Mallam can't you wait till morning?"
"I'm afraid I can't wait, your sister is awake"  Fadila sat up immediately with every trace of sleep suddenly gone from her eyes "what did you say?"
"Fateema is awake, we need your mother in the hospital immediately please. i called her countless times, i know she must be sleeping" she jumped from bed and ran to her mom's room "mama? Mama ki tashi" her mom was waking up slower than she wanted so she shook her hard "mama Teemah ta tashi" her mom's eyes widen immediately "waya gaya miki?"
"Yanzu aka kira ni daga hospital" her mom stood up immediately looking for what to wear, Fadila ran out to also find something to put on and then knocked on her brother's room who was the only other person at home.
Her brother drove them in Teemah's KIA, since he was the only other person who could drive in the house, Teemah's car had been mostly with him since her 'accident' .