Chapter 48 : Babies are Bae.

Zainab has lost 700 milliliters of blood and the doctors are afraid of what might happened if the bleeding doesn't stop anytime soon, they called it Postpartum hemorrhaging. They told them that if she loses more than 1000 milliliters of blood she might go into shock or even die. Ummi and her mother came to the hospital as early as 6am and at around 7am she was still bleeding heavily.

The doctor tried to explain, he said "...Typically, the uterus continues to contract after a woman delivers the placenta. These contractions help to stop bleeding. If you don't deliver the placenta or the uterus doesn't contract, which is known as uterine atony, hemorrhage can occur."
No one in the room really understood what the doctor was saying, all they could understand was that Zainab was still bleeding and she appears to be fading.

Tahira stomped into the hospital wearing a black abaya, she didn't look like she showered, none of them did. "Hey! How is she?" She asked

"Well.. the baby needs to feed, he's been crying, she can't feed him, she's too weak and hasn't eaten anything so nothing is coming out"

"Ya salam, she's still losing blood?
"Yeah, mama na kokari a samu babyn ya sha nono"
"Oh Allah innocent little thing, daga shugowar shi duniya sai wahala"
"Toh rayuwar tamu kenan, but a very big baby wallahi"
She gasped "haba? Ma Shaa Allah"
"we should go so you see her"
"No!!! You know me and Zainab don't really get along anymore, I'm just here because I honestly wish her quick recovery" she said.

Ummi didn't understand, she thought if this was the only opportunity Tahira might get to makeup with Zainab, why wasn't she taking it?! But she also understood that Tahira didn't think she did wrong by Zainab.

"Cikin dare ta fara labour?"
"Hmm Tee baki san meya faru ba" Ummi explained in a very low tune, trying so hard not to get heard. She told her the events of the night before, the issue of Hadiza's mother and how she mistreats her step children was something Tahira never wanted to get involved with, she replied with silence.
"Your words are becoming more and more expensive everyday" Ummi broke the silence.

"Toh Allah ya kyauta Anty bata kyautawa wallahi"
Ummi knew Tahira was holding back and that wasn't really what was on her mind "tell me the truth, what's wrong?"

"Did you notice how often he visits KT especially Daura these days, Abdulmaleek na yawan cewa ya tafi Daura, what's up with that?" She whispered very low, i held her hand an led her to a corner where i felt our conversation would not be overheard.

"Ok you can't say this to anyone, but Abdulzahir is becoming a force to reckon with, Zainab mentioned he was using his dad's political contacts which he obviously stole and has been making big plans for only God knows what... The guy is already a gigantic motherfucker, what will happen when be becomes more powerful"

"You think he's moving to politics?" Tahira asked with a worried frown.
"Do you?" Ummi asked her back, only because She didn't know what to make of it then and she still didn't .

"Nahhh, he's too smart for that" Tahira concluded

"Isn't this more like the smartest move to gain power in Nigeria?"
"Well yeah if you want to be a target, Abdulzahir doesn't strike me as that type of man, he looks like the devil that'll whisper into the ears of someone holding such power" Ummi's head was itching, so she scratched it very hard.

It was one thing when it was just Zainab's assumptions and absolutely another when someone else is worried about it, Now, Ummi fears more for her sister. "This isn't exactly good for Zainab, I wish we could find a way to separate them, if only we could convince her to drag his ungrateful idiocy to court" she said.