Chapter 32 : Destructive Misfortune {Edited}

SALAHUDDEEN

She started to make noises and i laughed at first, she was saying stuff in her sleep and i though she might be interesting to sleep next to, who knows what kind of secret she would spill sleeping.  I tried to make sense of the words but they where just grumbles. Just a few minute later she started to sweat, i directed the AC to her but she was still sweating.

I remembered when i hit her car. That day i was sleeping on the wheel because i didn't sleep for 3 days in a row due to the pressure i was under pressure with an assignment, my rank was not an easy job and i took my job very seriously because people's lives were involved.

Fateema look so much better in the morning when she didn't have all this long lashes and painted eye lids. Just as i was thinking about it she started to scream, i called her "Teemah , Teemah"  but it was useless she couldn't hear me,  so i parked and went round to open the door. I was glad i decided to take an official car, no one would dare come near this car.  I patted her in attempt to wake her "Teemah" i called but she was just twisting and kicking. She was seriously beginning to scare me, i patted her hard and called her louder "Teemah"

She woke up abruptly and it was like she saw a stranger, she kicked me away with her feet and ran barefoot on the street. I ran after her calling her name. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajuun she's going to kill herself. I ran as fast as i could but she was really fast "Teemah!!! wake up!!!"  i called but it was useless.

She was fast, but she would have to do better to outrun me "Teemah,  wake up" Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajuun . For a slip second i knew i had no time to think, Teemah was crossing over to the other side clearly trying to get away from me, i saw the car before she did because i was frequently checking to see the dangers behind, i anticipated stopping immediately before the car would hit her Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajuun Fateema was going to kill us both.  I saw her stop when she saw the car, it was too fast she knew she couldn't make it, what she didn't know was that i was closer to her. I had a few seconds to get this right or we will both die, but i didn't have time to think. It happened within 5seconds i stop where she stopped and pulled her away by the waist and threw her by the Other side of the road of which i was sure there were no incoming cars, then i tried to move away, the car tried to stop and you could hear the sound of the breaks. I saw my my life clashing before my eyes, moving away would be impossible at this point, attempts would be useless, so I gracefully took my fate.
****

He woke up in the hospital seriously injured, all he felt was pain. He saw a doctor standing over his head "Commander, welcome back, your unit has been informed and the Air Force are moving as we speak to move you to 349 Nigerian Air Force Hospital Abuja, where you would be better attended to"

He managed to try and get the words out "my family?"

"they have been informed and they would be meeting you in Abuja, the helicopter would be here for you soon"

"Teemah?"

"she's fine sir, just bruises, but you are in very a serious condition, just try to stay calm" Salahuddeen wondered how he was expected to stay calm when he was just told he was in a serious condition, he ached all over.

Why Abuja, why not KD where he would be closer to home, the doctor went outside and Teemah rushed inside, she collapse by his bedside "i am sorry,  I'm so sorry, please forgive me" 
He just looked at her, he found it hard to talk, his jaws, his face, everything hurts.

They came in and started transferring him to a stretcher, he took one glance and knew they were military. Teemah followed. And one of the men in uniform stopped her as she was trying to enter the helicopter "is this the girl?" he asked and the doctors from only God know what hospital they were answered him "yes sir"