Chapter 34: The Next Seconds {Edited}

"Don't leave" she begged with a pout
"shegen shagwaba" Zainab apologized wishing she could stay. Zainab and Abdulzahir took his father's driver back home while Abdulmaleek stayed in Abuja for some business investment plans, or so he said.

They got back early because Abdulzahir had to work. He was getting dressed when they both heard the gate, they both looked at each other quizzically and Zainab stood up "who could that be this early?..... I'll go check" 

The door was knocked on and she opened to see a strange woman standing, she was chubby, Oprah kind of chubby and chocolate skinned. She looked nothing more than 40, 47 at most.

"Assalamualaikum, sannun ki" she said to Zainab.
"wa'alaikumussalam, Sannu da zuwa,  bisimillah" Zainab gestured for the woman to come inside which she did and sat on the couch.

"ina kwana?" she greeted the woman now sitting on her couch

"lafiya lau, Abdul din fa?"

"yana nan bari in mishi magana" Zainab met him already dressed and ready for work "kayi bakuwa" 

He frowned "da safe haka? Wacece?"

"don't know her fa"  she walked behind him as he went to meet his visitor and when they reached the parlor, he was surprised to see the woman in his house "Antyy? Sannu da zuwa"

Zainab went straight to the kitchen to see what she might have to serve her early morning visitor. The only thing she could find that suit the time of the visit was tea.

On a tray she served her with tea bags, milk, sugar, coffee, honey because Abdulzahir often takes tea with it and then the flask came later on. She didn't stay because she noticed they were quiet each time she was serving, meaning the conversation was private, so she went back to his room and laid on the bed, a few minutes had passed and he came back to pick up his phone and she noticed his mood had changed. She wished she could eavesdrop but there was no way with the distance between his room and the parlor.

They talked for like 30minutes and he came to pick up his stuff  "zan kai ta gida, daga nan zan wuce office" he said trying to mask the worry in his voice but failed miserably.

"who is she? Is everything alright?" zainab asked with a slight hint if worry in her own voice. He frowned a bit "everything is fine, she's family"

She followed him back to the woman who was waiting for him and then walked them to his car "sai anjima" she said to the lady and she replied back with "Allah ya sa mu jima da yawa"

"sai ka dawo" she said to him before he joined the lady in his car.

***
SAME DAY

The surgery left Salahuddeen weaker than he was the previous night, the whole day he wasn't active and that left his family worried, he breathes very heavily, and he was hardly awake.

At around 7pm he woke up and saw Tahira on his head, worriedly starring at him. "malama zaki cinye ni ne?"

She chuckled, glad to see he was strong enough to make jokes "lalle kaji sauki, Su Uncle Moh da Anty Salaha sun zo kana bacci"

"haba dai, tun yaushe kike nan?" he asked

"yanzu na zo, ya jikin?" 

He moved a little "da sauki, wai ina Fateema ne ban ganta tazo ko ta gaishe ni ba?"

She hissed Mtswwww "yaya Abba wai meya hada ka da wannan Fateeman ne"

He raised his eyebrow "yau ni kike wa tsaki?"
She pouted "sorry, i just don't understand how you could associate yourself with her,  she's..."