Chapter Fourteen

All day I thought about Ethan and what I did. I was the most horrible human being.

My concussion was only bothering me more. I thought it would have went away by now.

My head was on my pillow as tears fell down my face. He probably hated me.

There was a knock at my door. No one else was here. Strange. I got up anywhere and answered it. Ethan was there, his hands were in his hoodie pocket. He was looking down at the floor.

"What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"Remi, I wanna talk." He said. "Plus, you're supposed to be watched. Cause you have a concussion so..."

"Okay then." He walked in. I noticed that his hoodie was yellow. My favorite color.

He sat on my bed.

"Last night, what I saw was shocking. I didn't think that would happen." He said.

"What happened exactly?" He asked.

"Well you went to go look for Grayson. And then Matthew came over to me and started saying all these things about how he loves me, and how he was sorry for the things he did. I almost believed him. And then he kissed me and then..." I trailed off because I felt more tears coming out of my eyes. I burried my face in my hands.

I probably seemed like a wimp to him. I felt arms pull me close. I lifted my head.

"It's okay." He whispered.

"No It's not. This isn't okay." I said in between tears.

He never let go. He rested his head on my head.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Shh. It's okay." He rubbed my back. "It's not your fault."

I pulled away his body.

I laid away from him. He laid next to me so I turned away from him.

"Remi stop. Look at me." He demanded.

I turned to look at him.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I responded.

"You don't have to feel this way, whatever way your feeling. I know you aren't happy. You should be." He said.

"I know I should be happy. You forgave me and we're good. But I just can't get my mind off... you know who." I replied.

He sat up and sighed. He adjusted the sweatshirt string of his hoodie.

"You don't have to think about him." He said getting angry.

"I can't help it. He's a bad person." I said crossing my arms.

"That's exactly why you shouldn't think about him." Ethan clenched his jaw.

"You think I'm not gonna think about the person who could hurt me if they wanted to? You're wrong if you think that."

"He's not gonna hurt you Remi."

"You don't know that. He's hurt me before, who says he won't do it again?"

"Can we please talk about something else? This Matthew shit is getting on my nerves."

"You're the one who wanted to talk about it."

"Not anymore."

I sighed and sat up.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Well, considering I have a mild concussion and I've been inside this whole time. Not.so great." I replied.

"Why are you getting angry?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. He should know why I was mad. I should've been happy though. He was here, next to me, that's all I needed.

"I... I'm just upset. I can't think straight anymore. It's like my mind...just... I don't know. I don't know why I'm upset. I don't know why I'm not happy. Something in my mind won't let me." I explained.

"Is it me?" He asked. I could sense panic in him.

"No, it's not you. Your not making me upset, I'm making myself upset." I told him. "Hey, why aren't you at school?"

"Just didn't feel like going." He looked up at the ceiling and let out a sigh.

"You didn't feel like going?" I asked. I think he's lying.

"Yep." He popped the "p".

"Okay, why aren't you really at school." I asked again.

He sighed. "I got in a fight."

"What? You got in a fight? With who? Why?" I asked.

"It was with Matthew. He was saying things about you that- let's just say I didn't appreciate. And I ended up fight him. Look," He lifted up his hoodie, he had red marks and bruises. I noticed he also had one on his jaw.

"Ethan," I said. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I am, I'm not as bad as Matthew is. So, I'm okay." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me." I said sitting up. He sat up as well.

"Baby, none of this was your fault. Matthew kissing you wasn't your fault, me getting a fight wasn't your fault, nothing was your fault. Okay?" He kissed my forehead.

"Then who's fault is it?" I asked.

"His. None of this would've happened if he wasn't such a jerk." He replied.

I turned my head, my face was so close to his. No matter how many times I would do this it would always bring back the butterflies. I leaned in and kissed him. He didn't pull away until I had no more air left. I smiled when I pulled away, he copied my action. When I kissed him, I felt happy. It felt like all the worries in the world just vanished, a weight was just lifted off my shoulders.

"Hey, you smiled." He said.

"Yeah, you have a habit of making me do that." I blushed. I let out a deep breath I had been holding.

At that moment I realized nothing else could make me happier than he did. I smiled in thought,

DOUBLE UPDATE BISH. Ok so imma rant right now. Today in history class we had to do a report on where are ancestors came from. My mom told me that her ancestors came from Europe. I had never got the chance to talk to my dad that night about where his came from so I just shook it off. I got to school and it was my turn to go. I remembered that my mom said Europe is where hers came from so I pointed to Europe, but my teacher Ms. Stitt (everyone calls her Ms. Shit tho) decides to move my hand to Africa. She was just like "Nope I know your dad's black. So you belong there." Believe me when I say that I wanted to smack the shit out of her. I was just like bish i know you did not just move my fucking hand. She lucky i didn't hit here with her meter stick right on her long ass nose.

K. Done ranting. Just something i wanted to say. 💙 Love ya!

-Lyric 💛💛