Chapter Twenty-Seven

-Ethan's POV-

Remi had been gone for sometime now. I was getting worried. Who knows what could happen when Cameron Dallas was around? I got up from the lunch table and walked to the hallway they were in. I spotted them. I couldn't believe my eyes, Cameron Dallas, the all-time asshole, was kissing my girl. I saw Remi trying to push him off with all of her might, but Cameron had a firm grip on her. She turned her head and I could see she was breathing hard. She looked up and my eyes met hers. 

"Wow! This is like a fucking movie! That was perfect timing bro!" Cameron told me being mind-blown that I had showed up at the worst time possible. 

I walked close to the both of them. Remi was rubbing off her lips as she was crying. I could see that she was hurt. I was so fucking angry, I could have punched him. Remi beat me to it. Soon, she was slapping and punching the shit out of Cameron. 

"FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU! I DON'T EVER WANT YOU TO BE AROUND ME AGAIN! YOU ARE RUINING EVERYTHING BETWEEN ME AND MY BOYFRIEND! I DON'T LIKE YOU!" She screamed as I pulled her off of him. He had a bloody nose. 

"Remi, calm down." I whispered to her. 

"Don't act like you didn't want to do that. You can just go ahead and tell your boyfriend while he's here. You don't like him." Cameron ordered holding his nose. 

"YOU ARE SUCH AN-" Remi started trying to lunge at him. I held her back and brought her to another hallway. 

She was still breathing hard and still had tears running down her face. She was avoiding eye contact. 

"Hey, hey." I said gently getting her attention. She looked at me, biting her lip. Her face was shining with the tears that had been shed. 

"It's okay, baby. I'm right here." I added. She sobbed harder and put her head in the crook of my neck. I put a hand in her hair. 

"It's not okay, it's not okay, it's not okay." She muttered over and over again. Her voice made me break. "I'm so sorry." 

She took her head out of my neck and looked at me. "Why are you not mad? You should be mad." 

"Well, I'm not. Everything is gonna be okay." I caressed her cheek. 

After about three minutes of her crying and insulting herself, Remi decided she didn't want to be here anymore. 

"Cutting school is  bad, you know that right?" I asked her. 

"I don't care! I don't wanna see him." She said getting angry. 

"Okay, well if you're leaving I'm coming with you." I told her. 

She shook her head but I ignored her. We walked out of the school, completely ignoring the rules. We walked back to my house. 

When we walked into my house I picked her up and carried her into my room. I set her on the bed. I laid down next to her, we faced each other. 

"I can't do this. I'm tired of this." She said. I nodded. 

"I know you are." I responded. 

She sighed. 

"Can you kiss me?" She asked me. 

I leaned in and kissed her lips. I felt all of her fears and stress lift off her shoulders as she deepened the kiss. I didn't pull away until she did. 

"Everything will be fine. It may not seem like that now but it will be."  My voice was deep and raspy. 

"Did I hurt you?" She asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"What? No. I mean- what I walked into, yeah, it hurt a little. But it's not that-" She cut me off by sighing and rolling away from me. 

"So, I'm hurting you?" She asked. 

"No." I grabbed her arm. She flinched and I pulled my arm away. "Rem, if you would've let me finish, you would have heard me saying that it's not that big of a deal." 

She sat up. "But it is a big of a deal, he kissed me." 

"It would be a big deal if you kissed back and you enjoyed it. But you didn't so it's not a big deal." I sat up next to her. She huffed and looked into my eyes. 

"How are you less hurt then I am? When Matthew kissed me you were all mad. But Cameron kissed me and now you aren't?" She asked. 

"Trust me. I am mad. But I'm not mad at you. And showing that I'm angry with them would just make you more upset, and that's the last thing I'm trying to do." I pulled her close to me. 

I could tell she was upset with herself, it was written all over her face. "I shouldn't have gone out into the hallway with him. None of this would've happened if I just stayed with you." 

I shrugged. She looked at me and set her head on my shoulder. My heart was about to break for her. She was sad and miserable and I was here acting like everything was fine. Her eyes said all the words I was looking for. She was truly, truly, broken.