Chapter Twenty-Five

-Ethan's POV-

The next morning, I got up, Remi wasn't next to me. I looked around her room to see she wasn't in her room at all. I got up and walked downstairs. I saw her in kitchen dancing. I smiled and looked at her. She turned around and saw me. She got embarrassed.

"No, I love your dancing. Keep doing it." I urged her.

"No. Shut up." She said taking her earbuds out of her ear. "I was making you breakfast." She said setting a plate on the counter.

I walked towards her. She smiled.

"Eat your food." She told me.

"Okay, Mom." I said mocking her orders. She sat down at the table and got on her phone.

I picked up the plate that had a cinnamon roll on it, that was for me I was guessing. I walked over to the table and sat next to her.

"Is this for me?" I asked her. She looked up from her phone.

"No, it's for the dog that lives here but doesn't exist. Yes it's for you." She said smiling and rolling her eyes.

I shrugged and ate it. It was good. I smiled and she looked at me. She smiled to herself.

"What?" I asked her. She looked back up with a surprised look on her face.

"Huh? Nothing!" She said quickly. I narrowed my eyebrows. What was that about?

She set her phone down on the table and sighed.

"God, he's annoying." She said rubbing her forehead.

"Who?" I asked her grabbing her phone. She didn't even try to stop me.

"See for yourself." Was her response.

I looked at the screen. The contact she was talking to was saved as Annoying Asshole.

I looked the messages.

Annoying Asshole|7:21
Good morning baby. 😉

Remi|7:21
For the last fucking time. I'm not your baby so stop calling me that! Why can't you just leave me alone? I've told you repeatedly that I don't like you in the way that you think.

Annoying Asshole|7:22
You're lying. You do like me in that way. And we both know I like you in that way.

Remi|7:22
Go fuck yourself Cameron.

Remi|7:23
Why would I like you in that way if I have an amazing boyfriend who I love more then anything?

Annoying Asshole|7:24
That's a simple answer. I'm better than Ethan is. I'm more smart, attractive, and just better.

Remi|7:25
Everything you just stated can be proven wrong. I would never like you.

Annoying Asshole|7:26
We'll see about that.

I gave her phone back to her and she sighed again. I could see that she was tired of this.

"I don't understand. There always has to be something getting in the way. Whether it's Matthew, or Ashley, or Cameron. Something always has to. Nothing can just be normal for like five seconds." She groaned.

"It'll be okay. Things will be normal eventually." I told her pushing my plate to the side.

"Hopefully. Because frankly, I'm tired of this." She responded.

She got up and walked over to the couch, I followed her and sat beside her. She looked at me. I looked at her. I noticed that the hickeys that were on her neck looked bigger than they did last night. I laughed to myself.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked looking at me, narrowing her eyebrows.

"Your hickeys. They're like - huge." I told her.

She smiled. "Guess it's just a way of telling people I'm yours."

It was my turn to smile now. She was right, she was mine. I had her all to myself. Cameron shouldn't make me think differently. I know that she wouldn't hurt me.

She turned on the TV and remained silent for a while. I saw her bite her lip and furrow her eyebrows.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her. She looked at me.

"Only you."