Chapter Sixteen

2 Days Later

I woke up feeling fine so I decided going to school wouldn't be so bad. I picked up my phone seeing text messages from Ethan.

They were from last night.

Ethan💕😉|11:23
Remi. You there?

Ethan💕😉|11:24
Never mind. Just realized what time it is. Your probably asleep.

Ethan💕😉|11:25
Okay. I love you. Sleep tight.

I smiled and got dressed for school. As I was putting on my Twenty One Pilots sweatshirt I saw my phone light up with a text.

It was Matthew who was texting me.

Peice Of Trash|7:34
Hope your well enough to come back to school baby. I miss u 💕💕💓😉😏

I cringed at the message and blocked his number. Something I should've done a while ago.

I rubbed my head realizing it still hurt. I shook it off, I couldn't miss anymore things then I already had. Ethan didn't know I was going to school so I was exicted to see him.

My brother decided to walk with me. He didn't say anything but he still walked with me. I could tell he was still mad that I was dating Ethan. Whatever.

I walked into school and saw Ethan leaning up against his locker with his phone in his hand. I smiled and ran up to him.

"Hey." I said. He looked up.

"Remi!" He said smiling, for some odd reason his smile faded. "What are you doing here? Is it safe to be here?"

"Yes. It's safe for me to be in school. My head doesn't hurt that much anymore. Plus I'm getting better with lights hurting my head, and I barely stumble over things. And my mom says my speech is excellent. So I'm fine." I explained. It was cute when he worried about me.

"If your head still hurts you shouldn't be here." Ethan said.

"Ethan, I'll be okay. Nothing will happen to me." I said reassuring him.

He shrugged and we walked to my locker.

"I missed having you here. Third period's so boring without you." He whined. "Plus there's no one to help me with stuff. Gray isn't exactly the brightest person."

I laughed at his last statement. They were both equally stupid. I loved him anyway.

I walked to homeroom and saw Emily. She looked stressed.

"Hey." I said to her sitting down in my seat.

"Remi! You're back." She said with enthusiasm. "Does your head feel better?"

"Good enough for me to be here," I inspected her face closely. She had a black eye. "Em, what happened?"

I pointed at her eye.

"I got in a fight with Rylee." She said sighing.

Why was everybody getting in fights lately?

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

Emily sighed and shut her eyes.

"You really want me to tell you?" She opened her eyes.

"Yes, I do." I answered.

"Fine, I will. She's changed. She's not the same, Remi. She says bad things about you and Ethan and just bad things about people in general. She's with Jake 24/7. She's not the same person. So, I confronted her. We ended up getting in a fight, end of story." She explained.