Chapter Twenty-Four

-Saturday-

All day Saturday, I spent my time talking to Ethan on FaceTime.

"It's four-thirty." I told him.

"I know." He said.

"We've been talking for eleven hours." I said  my eyes widened.

"You called me. This is not my fault." He protested smiling.

"Well you could've said I was being boring and just hung up. I'm pretty sure it would've been the truth." I replied.

"Why do you wanna stop talking to me?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows then raising them.

"I don't wanna stop talking to you, but Emily's coming over." I told him.

"Ok. And?"

"And if she's still upset about her relationship with Carter, the last thing I wanna do is flaunt ours in front of her like she doesn't mean anything."

"So you're saying since she's out of a relationship, she doesn't want to see us be in one?"

"I don't know, but that's what I'm guessing. It's like rubbing it in her face or saying something like 'Oh, sorry your relationship didn't work out. But I'm really happy with mine.' You know?"

"I guess I get what you're saying. Sometimes you are just too polite."

There was a knock on the door. I was suspecting it was Emily.

"I gotta go, E." I told him.

"Okay. I'll see you tonight. I love you." He replied.

"I love you too." I said.

I hung up and opened the door. Emily was standing there.

"Hey, Em." I said smiling.

She smiled back and walked into my house.

"I have a huge problem." She took her sandals off and rushed to the couch.

"What is it?" I asked sitting down.

"I think I have a crush...on Grayson." She said.

My eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! Really? That's great!" I told her. "That's great, right?"

"No. It's not really. Grayson and I are so different from each other. We barely have anything in common that I know of. But...he's amazing really. He's like the most perfect, cutest, greatest guy in the world. And I'm nothing." She said looking down at her lap.

"Emily, you are something. You're a sweet, smart, beautiful, amazing girl. You're far from being nothing." I said.

She smiled. "Thanks, Remi. You're a really good friend."

I flipped my hair. " I know." We both laughed.

"I'm going to Ashley's party." Emily said. "Seeing that now, I won't have any plans Saturday."