Chapter Twenty-Six

-Remi's POV-

On Monday, I tried to ignore Cameron and Matthew for as long as I could. But, there's only so many places you can hide in a school. I walked to my classes trying to be unnoticed, but somehow they always found me. I could tell all of the flirty comments and actions were getting to Ethan. What other way can I show him that I won't leave?

I was sitting at the regular lunch table, when Ethan sat down where Cameron would usually sick. He looked at me. I looked back at him.

"Hi." He said gently. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hi." I responded.

"Hi." I heard Cameron's voice from behind us. Ethan and I both turned around. Cameron was holding his lunch, and he looked angry. 

"Hey... Cameron." I said slowly.

"'Sup?" Ethan asked.

"Your in my seat." Cameron barked at Ethan.

"Last time I checked, this seat was never actually labeled as yours. So, really I'm free to sit here if I would like to. And I would like to, so, you can go sit somewhere else." Ethan said rasing an eyebrow.

"Well, I would actually like to sit here if you don't mind."

"I do. I really, really, do mind."

Cameron turned to me and set his lunch down.

"Remi, can I talk to you...for a second?" He asked.

I looked at Ethan. He had a look of caution on his face. I turned back to Cameron. 

"Fine." I answered. I got up and walked to the hallway with Cameron.

"Okay. If I'm being honest. I really, really, really like you. And, I don't know how to express that." He said.

My heart stopped for a minute. He was doing this because he liked me?

"Cameron... I'm with Ethan. You know that. We will never be together, I'm sorry." I told him with apology in my blue, icy, eyes. 

He scoffed and crossed his arms. 

"What do you even see in him that you don't see in me?" He asked raising his voice. 

"You wanna know what I see in him? I see love! All I see in you is lust, you don't care about girls for who they are." I told him. 

"Yes I do! I care about girls. I don't just like because of their bodies, I care about what's on the inside." He stated. "I'll show you that I care!" 

"How?" I asked him. 

"By doing this..." He leaned in and grabbed me. He crashed his lips onto mine. I tried to pull away, I put a hand on his chest to push him off but he was too strong for to match. I turned my head and he stopped trying. 

I was out of breath from trying to push him. I rubbed my lips off. I looked at the end of the hallway to see my boyfriend standing there. He walked towards Cameron and I. 

Shit.