#4 The Truth

A/N: please play the song on loop when reading, it sets the mood. Thanks😄

Rook yawns, stretching in bed. It was a day off for them and he needed it. He flipped in bed, noticing that Doc wasn't around. "He probably went to exercise" Rook thought to himself. He did the usual morning routine, before going to the kitchen to cook up some breakfast. Cooking an extra portion of breakfast, he laid the plate on the dinning table, waiting for Doc to return.

He waited for an hour.

"Why heck am i even waiting, i'll just eat first" He muttered. After gobbling up his breakfast in hunger, he laid in bed waiting for Doc. Since it was an off day, he wanted to play some sports with Doc to occupy his mind.

Time past. 5 hours in fact. He accidentally fell asleep while waiting for him. Rook started to get worried, as Doc was nowhere to be seen. He checked the canteen, the conference room, but there was no sign of him. Getting desperate, he went to Montagne's room, knocking on it before entering. "Montagne, where the hell is Doc?" he said while panting, sweat all over his face from the running. "I don't know" Montagne said in confusion, "I haven't seen him around since yesterday night. Is there something you need help with?"

"none" Rook replied, walking away with a disappointed face. There was something on, Montagne could feel it.

While walking back to his room, he walked past the bench they first met. Sitting on the bench, he started to daydream, looking into the blue sky with fluffy clouds, just like Doc did. He reflected.

Why is he getting so anxious about Doc? Did he really fall in love with Doc? Was he really gay?

Covering his face with both hands, he muttered to himself , "What did i do wrong to deserve this curse". "Why... why am i so broken on the inside. Why are you doing this to me!" he shouted, facing the sky, eyes closed.

Tears flowed down the man's cheek. He never felt this way before.

He paced up and down the dorm room hallway for hours on end, his head facing down, anxiety filling his heart. It was already late at night. Suddenly, sound of footsteps got louder at the other end of the walkway. Rook tilted his head upward, spotting a familiar face.

Doc was back.

They both locked eyes at each other, their bodies frozen. Tears filled Rook's sorrowful eyes, overflowing down the side of his cheeks. Doc instantly realising what happened. His eyes too, watered up.

"Julien i..." Doc said slowly. Rook ran as fast as he could, into the warm embrace of Doc. "I missed you Gustave, i was afraid i lost you" tears poured into Doc's chest. "I'm glad you won the war within yourself" Doc said, comfortingly.

It felt right, at last.