#15 Acting weird

The all too familiar sunlight shone in through the window. It was a new day. Doc yawns, stretching in Rook's arms. Both of them hated morning trainings but there wasn't any choice, they had to deal with it. Doc gently caressed Rook's cheek with the back of his hand, waking him up.

"Hey babe" Rook turned around sluggishly, his hands hugging Doc tight. Doc smiled at his lover, their eyes interlocking for a few seconds.

"Argh. Morning training sucks" Rook swooshes the blanket on the bed in annoyance, awkwardly breaking the love making. He gestured lazily for Doc to pull him off the bed, his lover faithfully complying.

"Training is going to be so awkward later..." Doc commented after washing up, his face still dripping with cold water. Rook was seemingly confused at what he meant. "How so?" he curiously asked, his eyebrows moved upwards.

"Remember what we did yester-" he tried to explain to his lover. Rook cut him short, realising what he meant. "Right...Yea.." he said, thinking about the things that could happen. If Montagne really wanted, he could report to six and the pair would be done for. There were strict rules given to the operators on the compound and none of them were to be broken or they would get kicked out of Rainbow. Not only that, but the GIGN specifically bars operators from dating each other. He shudders at the possibility of an expulsion.

The pair walked into the training warehouse, consciously refraining from holding hands the entire way. Doc spots Montagne sitting on a bench in the corner, just staring into space. He seemed off somewhat, something evidently bugging him.

Doc waved his hands in front of Montagne, but there wasn't any response.

"Gilles?" Doc questioned, placing his hand on Montagne's shoulder. It felt so defined and stiff, masculinity seemingly written all over it. Montagne has been through a lot, and Doc knew that.

Shocked, Montagne jerked his body in response. "Uh hey, um I...sorry I was thinking about something" he stuttered, scrambling for words.

"Regarding yesterday..." Doc spoke hesitantly, trying to muster courage to speak. He was afraid Montagne would flare up at him. "I won't report you don't worry" Montagne smiled, reassuring Doc that everything was all right. His warm smile made him at peace.

Unexplainably, Doc could still sense that Montagne was a little off, and he wanted to find out why. Twitch conveniently walked in right then, prompting for the start of their training. The questions would have to wait.